Babson History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Babson family
The surname Babson was first found in Mecklenburg, where the name Babzin contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation, and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. Over time, the Babzin family name branched into other houses, where their influence continued to be felt because of the important role they played in the local social and political affairs.
Early History of the Babson family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Babson research. Another 56 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Babson History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Babson Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Babzin, Babezien, Babzen, Babbzen, Babesien, Babbesien, Babson, Baebzin, Baebezien, Baebzen, Baebbzen, Baebesien, Babbesien, Baebson, Bebzin, Bebezien, Bebzen, Bebbzen, Bebesien, Bebbesien and many more.
Early Notables of the Babson family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Babson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Babson migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Babson Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Isabella Babson and her son James who arrived in Massachusetts in 1632
Babson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- W. E. Babson, who settled in San Francisco, California in 1853
Contemporary Notables of the name Babson (post 1700) +
- Arthur C Babson (b. 1909), American economist and Executive Vice President of Babson Reports, Inc
- Waldo Babson (1866-1941), American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for New Hampshire State Senate 1st District, 1938 
- W. R. Babson, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from North Carolina, 1960 
- Shirley C. Babson (b. 1941), American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from North Carolina, 2004, 2008 
- Roger Ward Babson (1875-1967), American politician, Prohibition Candidate for President of the United States, 1940 
- Marshall B. Babson, American Democrat politician, Member, National Labor Relations Board, 1985-88 
- John Babson (1816-1887), American politician, U.S. Collector of Customs, 1854 
- Fitz James Babson (1828-1893), American Republican politician, Member of Massachusetts State House of Representatives, 1858-60; U.S. Collector of Customs, 1869-85 
Related Stories +
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 10) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html