Azzopardi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Azzopardi family
The surname Azzopardi was first found in Fermo, anciently Firmum, a town in the Italian marches in the province of Ascoli Piceno. Built 246 B.C on a hill on which there was a citadel until 1446. The 4th Roman legion was settled there. It was originally a limestone walled city. The Church of S.Francesco is notable. It came under the papacy in 1550. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Azzopardi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Azzopardi research. Another 106 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1277, 1324, 1431, 1233, 1277, 1315, 1305, 1385, 1383, 1362 and 1324 are included under the topic Early Azzopardi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Azzopardi Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Azzoni, Azzini, Azzola, Azzozli, Azzolini, Azzolino, Azzolina, Azzolin, Azzone, Azzano, Assoni, Assolini, Azoni, Asoni and many more.
Early Notables of the Azzopardi family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Alberto D'Azzone, who was a lawyer in 1233 in Bologna; as well as the Azzoni family of Milan, who were made official nobility of the city in 1277; the Azzoni family of Fermo; Artico Azzoni, who was made official nobility of Venice in 1315; Francesco di Buonvicino Azzoni, a notary in Bologna...
Another 58 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Azzopardi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Azzopardi family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Simon Azoni, who came to America in 1794; Charles Azone, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1856; and an Azuta who arrived in New Orleans, Louisiana, in 1858, at the age of 25..
Contemporary Notables of the name Azzopardi (post 1700)
- Justus Azzopardi, Maltese philospher
- Franck Azzopardi (b. 1970), French former professional footballer who played from 1989 to 2005
- Ayrton Azzopardi (b. 1993), Maltese international footballer
- Stephen Azzopardi (b. 1967), Maltese football coach and former player
- Ian Azzopardi (b. 1982), Maltese footballer
- Professor Barry Azzopardi MSc PhD (b. 1947), British chemical engineer specialising in multiphase flow research from Gibraltar
- Mario Philip Azzopardi (b. 1950), Canadian television and film director and writer
Historic Events for the Azzopardi family
HMS Royal Oak
- Anthony Mary Azzopardi (1919-1939), born in Malta, Maltese Steward with the Royal Navy aboard the HMS Royal Oak when she was torpedoed by U-47 and sunk; he died in the sinking 
You May Also Like
- ^ Ships hit by U-boats crew list HMS Royal Oak (08) - (Retrieved 2018 February, 9th) - retrieved from https://uboat.net/allies/merchants/crews/ship68.html