FREE SHIPPING on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Ayala family come from? What is the Spanish Ayala family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ayala family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ayala family history?Noble surnames, such as Ayala, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Ayala, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. Many Spanish local names reflect Arabic words or place-names because Spain was conquered by the Muslim Moors from the 8th to 12th centuries. The Ayala family originally derived its name from the name of the province of Ayala in Vascongadas.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ayala, Ayalla, Aya and others.
First found in the Basque region of north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ayala research. Another 327 words(23 lines of text) covering the years 1353, 1332, 1407, 1332, 1407, 1555 and 1837 are included under the topic Early Ayala History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 207 words(15 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ayala Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ayala Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
The Ayala Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ayala Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 February 2015 at 17:58.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.