Aviles History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Aviles, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Aviles, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. Many Spanish local names reflect Arabic words or place-names because Spain was conquered by the Muslim Moors from the 8th to 12th centuries. The Aviles family originally derived its name from the name of the province Avila.
Early Origins of the Aviles family
The surname Aviles was first found in Castile, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
Important Dates for the Aviles family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Aviles research. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1570, 1658, 1799 and 1801 are included under the topic Early Aviles History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Aviles Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Avila, de Avila, Avilés, Aviles, Dávila, Davila, Dávilla and many more.
Early Notables of the Aviles family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family Gil Gonzalez de Avila (1570-1658), Spanish biographer and antiquary, educated at the residence of Cardinal Deza; Luis de Avila y Zúñiga, 16th century historian and diplomatic representative of King Carlos V; Hernando de Avila, 16th century Spanish artist, court painter...
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Aviles Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Aviles migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Aviles Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Aviles Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- F. N. Aviles, aged 30, who landed in America, in 1895
Aviles Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Francisco Aviles, aged 24, who landed in America, in 1917
- Bonifacio Aviles, aged 37, who immigrated to the United States, in 1917
- Francesco Aviles, aged 25, who settled in America, in 1919
- Eduardo Aviles, who immigrated to America, in 1920
- Emilio Rodriguez Aviles, aged 29, who landed in America from Puerto del Son, Spain, in 1920
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Aviles (post 1700)
- Arthur Aviles (b. 1963), American Bessie Award-winning dancer and choreographer
- Rick Aviles (1952-1995), American stand-up comedian and actor
- Juan A. Aviles, American politician, Candidate for New York State Assembly from New York County 17th District, 1932 
- Alejandro Aviles, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Arkansas, 2004 
- Pedro Avilés Gutiérrez (b. 1956), Spanish novelist
- Lucho Avilés (b. 1938), Argentine journalist and television presenter
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html