Noble surnames, such as Audette, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the French people. The original bearer of the name Audette, which is a local
surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Savoie
. In France, hereditary surnames
were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local
names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Audette family derived their surname from the name of the city of Audeville in Savoie.
Early Origins of the Audette family
The surname Audette was first found in Savoy (French: Savoie) in the Rhône-Alpes region of the French Alps. The Odette variant probably originated in D'Audeville in the commune de Loiret, arrondisement of Pithiviers. CITATION[CLOSE]
Dionne, N.-E., Les Canadiens-Francais Origine Des Familles. Baltimore: Geneological Publishing Company, 1969. Print
Princess Odette is the White Swan, the lead ballerina role in Tchaikovsky's famous Swan Lake.
Early History of the Audette family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Audette research.Another 268 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1344, 1438, and 1808 are included under the topic Early Audette History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Audette Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Audet, Audey, Auday, Audé, Audaie, Audais, Auddet, Auddey, Audday, Auddé, Auddaie, Auddais, Odet, Oday, Odé, Odaie, Odais, Oddey, Oddet, Odday, Oddé, Oddaie and many more.
Early Notables of the Audette family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Audette Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Audette family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Audette Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Helen Audette, aged 27, who settled in Esseg Fells, NJ, in 1917
- Louis Audette, aged 30, who emigrated to Esseg Fells, NJ, in 1917
- Marion Audette, aged 30, who settled in Washington, D.C., in 1921
Contemporary Notables of the name Audette (post 1700)
- Sparky Audette (b. 1980), American professional golfer
- Donna M. Audette, American politician, Workers League Candidate for Presidential Elector for Michigan, 1988 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 28) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Michèle Taïna Audette (b. 1971), Canadian politician and Native Canadian activist from Wabush, Labrador, Associate Deputy Minister at the Ministry of Relations with Citizens and Immigration Quebec government (2004-2008)
- Yvonne Audette (b. 1930), Australian abstract artist
- Julien Joseph Audette (1914-1989), Canadian aviator who pioneered the art of soaring
- Donald Audette (b. 1969), Canadian retired professional NHL ice hockey forward who played from 1989 to 2004
- Louis de la Chesnaye Audette OC (1907-1995), Canadian lawyer, soldier, and civil servant made an Officer of the Order of Canada in 1974
- Imogene Audette Burkhart (1925-2006), birth name of Jean Byron, an American film, television, and stage actress born in Paducah, Kentucky, best known for the role of Natalie Lane, Patty Lane's mother in The Patty Duke Show
Audette Family Crest Products
- ^ Dionne, N.-E., Les Canadiens-Francais Origine Des Familles. Baltimore: Geneological Publishing Company, 1969. Print
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 28) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html