Atienza History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Spanish surname Atienza, is of ancient and noble descent, and appears to be of toponymic origin. Hence, the surname Atienza is derived from a physical characteristic in the area where the original bearer lived or owned land. The name Atienza, stems from two Greek words which mean "child of the intelligent," a name well suited to a family with such a noble ancestry.
Early Origins of the Atienza family
The surname Atienza was first found in the province of Guadalajara, in the ancient kingdom of Castile.
Early History of the Atienza family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Atienza research. Another 98 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 166 and 1660 are included under the topic Early Atienza History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Atienza Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Atienzas, Atiensa and others.
Early Notables of the Atienza family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Atienza Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Atienza migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Atienza Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco De Atienza, who landed in America in 1812 
- Gaspar De Atienza, who landed in America in 1826 
- Maria Isabel Atienza, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1843 
- Francisco Atienza, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860 
- Adriano De Atienza, who arrived in New Granada in 1861 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Atienza (post 1700) ||+|
- Antonio Ceballos Atienza (1935-2022), Spanish Roman Catholic prelate, Bishop Emeritus of Cádiz y Ceuta
- Araceli Atienza (b. 1924), professor of Spanish in the Philippines
- Danilo S. Atienza (d. 1989), Filipino pilot in the Philippine Air Force, posthumously awarded the Medal of Valor, eponym of the Danilo Atienza Air Base
- Edward Atienza (b. 1924), British stage and film actor
- Alejandro Ilagan "Kim" Atienza (b. 1967), Filipino TV host, actor, voice actor and weather anchor
- José Livioko "Lito" Atienza Jr., (b. 1941), Filipino politician, former city mayor of Manila and former secretary of the Department of Environment and Resources
- Glecy Atienza (b. 1962), actress and writer from the Philippines
- Ángel Atienza Landeta (b. 1931), Spanish artist and retired footballer who played from 1951 to 1959
- Braulio Atienza Ortega (b. 1925), Spanish doctor
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)