Atencio History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The noble Spanish surname Atencio is a shortened Castellianized version of the ancient and noble Italian name "Atanacio," a patronymic
name which is very common throughout Italy. The surname stems from the Greek, "Athanasios," and is derived from the adjective "athanatos," which means "immortal."
Early Origins of the Atencio family
The surname Atencio was first found in the northern region of Castille, a powerful Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
Early History of the Atencio family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Atencio research.Another 336 words (24 lines of text) covering the year 1875 is included under the topic Early Atencio History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Atencio Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Atencio family (pre 1700)
Con la Reconquista guerra con la que los cristianos bajo las órdenes del rey Fernando y la reina Isabel reconquistaron a España y expulsaron a los musulmanes invasores en el año 1492. Dentro de... Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Atencio Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Atencio family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Juan De Atencia who arrived in Venezuela in 1534; Adriano De Atencia who came to New Granada in 1561; Juana De Antencia who emigrated to Peru in 1593.
Contemporary Notables of the name Atencio (post 1700)
- Mariana Atencio (b. 1984), Venezuela-born, American award-winning journalist and news reporter working for MSNBC and NBC News, awarded a Peabody Award, Investigative Reporters and Editors Award, and Gracie Award
- Peter Atencio (b. 1983), American television and film director, best known for directing the sketch comedy series Key & Peele
- Francis Xavier Atencio (1919-2017), American animator and Imagineer for The Walt Disney Company, named a Disney Legend in 1996
- Margaret Atencio, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Colorado, 1996, 2000, 2004 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Abraham Atencio Castillo (b. 1977), Panamanian baseball pitcher who has played for the Panamanian National Baseball Team
Atencio Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html