on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Arvizu family come from? What is the Spanish Arvizu family crest and coat of arms? When did the Arvizu family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Arvizu family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Arvizu, Arsu, Arzu, Arso, Arisu, Arvisu, Arvissu and many more.
First found in the Basque region of northern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Arvizu research. Another 538 words (38 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Arvizu History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Arvizu Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Francisco Diaz de Arvizu who emigrated to New Spain in 1593 with his wife Ana De Medrano De Arvizu and his two daughters
- Arthur A. Arvizu (1927-1997), American Democrat politician, Chair of Kern County Democratic Party, 1964-66; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1968, 1972 (alternate)
- Reginald Quincy "Fieldy" Arvizu (b. 1969), American musician, best known as the bassist for hard rock band StillWell
- Alexander A. Arvizu, American diplomat, current United States Ambassador to Albania
- Ray "Daddy" Arvizu (1953-2001), prolific American blues and jazz saxophonist
- Manuel Arvizu O.F.M. (1919-2009), Mexican Bishop of the Roman Catholic Church
- Michelle Arvizu, Canadian television and film actress
- Jorge Arvizu (b. 1933), Mexican voice actor who was the first Spanish voice of Bugs Bunny
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Arvizu Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Arvizu Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 October 2015 at 13:56.
on orders of $85 or more