on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Arvizu family come from? What is the Spanish Arvizu family crest and coat of arms? When did the Arvizu family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Arvizu family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Arvizu, Arsu, Arzu, Arso, Arisu, Arvisu, Arvissu and many more.
First found in the Basque region of northern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Arvizu research. Another 538 words(38 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Arvizu History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Arvizu Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Francisco Diaz de Arvizu who emigrated to New Spain in 1593 with his wife Ana De Medrano De Arvizu and his two daughters
- Ray "Daddy" Arvizu (1953-2001), prolific American blues and jazz saxophonist
- Alexander A. Arvizu, American diplomat, current United States Ambassador to Albania
- Reginald Quincy "Fieldy" Arvizu (b. 1969), American musician, best known as the bassist for hard rock band StillWell
- Jorge Arvizu (b. 1933), Mexican voice actor who was the first Spanish voice of Bugs Bunny
- Michelle Arvizu, Canadian television and film actress
- Manuel Arvizu O.F.M. (1919-2009), Mexican Bishop of the Roman Catholic Church
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Arvizu Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Arvizu Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 December 2014 at 05:59.
on orders of $85 or more