on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Arvizu family come from? What is the Spanish Arvizu family crest and coat of arms? When did the Arvizu family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Arvizu family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Arvizu, Arsu, Arzu, Arso, Arisu, Arvisu, Arvissu and many more.
First found in the Basque region of northern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Arvizu research. Another 538 words(38 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Arvizu History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Arvizu Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Francisco Diaz de Arvizu who emigrated to New Spain in 1593 with his wife Ana De Medrano De Arvizu and his two daughters
- Ray "Daddy" Arvizu (1953-2001), prolific American blues and jazz saxophonist
- Alexander A. Arvizu, American diplomat, current United States Ambassador to Albania
- Reginald Quincy "Fieldy" Arvizu (b. 1969), American musician, best known as the bassist for hard rock band StillWell
- Jorge Arvizu (b. 1933), Mexican voice actor who was the first Spanish voice of Bugs Bunny
- Michelle Arvizu, Canadian television and film actress
- Manuel Arvizu O.F.M. (1919-2009), Mexican Bishop of the Roman Catholic Church
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
The Arvizu Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Arvizu Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 December 2014 at 05:59.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more