Arrieta History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Arrieta, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Arrieta, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. Many Spanish local names reflect Arabic words or place-names because Spain was conquered by the Muslim Moors from the 8th to 12th centuries. The Arrieta family originally lived on a patch of stony soil in Basque. The surname Arrieta originally derived from Arri which referred to stone.
Early Origins of the Arrieta family
The surname Arrieta was first found in the Basque region of northern Spain.
Important Dates for the Arrieta family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Arrieta research. Another 381 words (27 lines of text) covering the year 1064 is included under the topic Early Arrieta History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Arrieta Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Arrieta, de Arrieta, Arriola, de Arriola, Arriolas, Arreola and many more.
Early Notables of the Arrieta family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Arrieta Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Arrieta migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Arrieta Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Arrieta Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Diego de Arrieta, who sailed to Hispaniola in 1535 with his daughter Ana
Arrieta Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Miguel María Arrieta, who sailed to Puerto Rico in 1865
Contemporary Notables of the name Arrieta (post 1700)
- Cristian Arrieta (b. 1979), American-born Puerto Rican footballer
- Jacob Joseph "Jake" Arrieta (b. 1986), American Major League Baseball pitcher for the Chicago Cubs
- José Luis Arrieta Lujambio (b. 1971), retired Spanish professional road racing cyclist
- Pascual Juan Emilio Arrieta Corera (1823-1894), Spanish composer
- Ibón Pérez Arrieta (b. 1977), Spanish retired footballer
- Sebastián Alejandro Arrieta (b. 1985), Argentine footballer
- Santiago Arrieta (1897-1975), Uruguayan film actor
- Raymond Emilio Arrieta Vázquez (b. 1965), Puerto Rican comedian, actor, singer and philanthropist
- Danilo Esteban Arrieta Cerda (b. 1987), Chilean-born Danish footballer
- Jairo Arrieta Obando (b. 1983), Costa Rican footballer
- ... (Another 2 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
You May Also Like