Arreola History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Arreola, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Arreola, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. Many Spanish local names reflect Arabic words or place-names because Spain was conquered by the Muslim Moors from the 8th to 12th centuries. The Arreola family originally lived on a patch of stony soil in Basque. The surname Arreola originally derived from Arri which referred to stone.
Early Origins of the Arreola family
The surname Arreola was first found in the Basque region of northern Spain.
Important Dates for the Arreola family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Arreola research. Another 381 words (27 lines of text) covering the year 1064 is included under the topic Early Arreola History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Arreola Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Arrieta, de Arrieta, Arriola, de Arriola, Arriolas, Arreola and many more.
Early Notables of the Arreola family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Arreola Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Arreola migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Arreola Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Arreola Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Oscar Arreola, aged 28, who immigrated to America from Paris, France, in 1914
- Antonio Arreola, aged 29, who immigrated to the United States from Guatamala, Guatamala, in 1916
- Maria Arreola, aged 30, who landed in America from Havana, Cuba, in 1919
Contemporary Notables of the name Arreola (post 1700)
- Éder Arreola (b. 1991), Mexican-American professional soccer player who plays for Phoenix Rising FC, member of the United States U20 National Team in 2011
- Cristobal Arreola (b. 1981), Mexican-American professional Heavyweight boxer
- Philip Arreola, Milwaukee police chief
- Daniel David Arreola, Spanish geographer and educator
- Juan Bautista Vargas Arreola (1890-1947), celebrated Mexican Brigadier General
- Miguel Moreno Arreola (1921-2005), Mexican aviator
- Mikayl Arreola (b. 1988), Mexican professional boxer
- Juan José Arreola (1918-2001), Mexican writer and academic
- Jairo Randolfo Arreola (b. 1985), Guatemalan football striker
- Daniel Arreola Argüello (b. 1985), Mexican football defender who has played since 2008
You May Also Like