Arregui History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The noble Spanish surname Arregui is of local origin, as it is derived from a particular place-name near which the original bearer lived or held land. In this instance, the surname Arregui derives from the Basque words "arri," meaning "stone," and the local suffix "egi," which means "from, or slope." Therefore, the surname Arregui literally means "one who lived in a stony place or one who lived by a rocky incline."
Early Origins of the Arregui family
The surname Arregui was first found in the province of Guipuzcoa in the Basque country, where the family had four ancestral seats. These seats were found in the districts of Anguiozar, Aztigarreta, Azpeitia and Azcoitia.
Important Dates for the Arregui family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Arregui research. Another 98 words (7 lines of text) covering the year 1695 is included under the topic Early Arregui History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Arregui Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Arregui, Arreggui, Arreguin, Arreguia, Arregi and others.
Early Notables of the Arregui family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Arregui Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Arregui migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Arregui Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Francisco Arregui, aged 21, who immigrated to America from Errea, Spain, in 1907
- Edvardo Arregui, aged 17, who landed in America from Marguiechevarria, Spain, in 1910
- Juan Cruz Arregui, aged 33, who landed in America from Solivar, Spain, in 1911
- Ambratio Arregui, aged 20, who settled in America from Mallavia, Spain, in 1911
- Consuelo Arregui, aged 8, who immigrated to the United States from Cadiz, Spain, in 1919
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Arregui (post 1700)
- Andres Garcia Arregui, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Puerto Rico, 2008 
- Mario Arregui (1917-1985), journalist and critic from Uruguay
- Felipe Arregui Vázquez (b. 1936), Mexican civil engineer
- Franklin Arregui Cano (b. 1911), Spanish painter
- Ricardo Arregui Aramburu (b. 1942), Spanish economist and writer
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 23) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html