Arredondo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Arredondo, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Arredondo, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. Many Spanish local names reflect Arabic words or place-names because Spain was conquered by the Muslim Moors from the 8th to 12th centuries. The Arredondo family originally lived in a round place, such as a field or meadow.
Early Origins of the Arredondo family
The surname Arredondo was first found in Castile, an important medieval Christian kingdom in northern Spain.
Early History of the Arredondo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Arredondo research. Another 92 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1127, 1653, 1702, 1789 and 1795 are included under the topic Early Arredondo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Arredondo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Arredondo, de Arredondo, Arredonda, Redondo, Redonda, Redondela, Rodó and many more.
Early Notables of the Arredondo family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family Isidoro Arredondo (1653-1702), court painter to King Carlos II; and Nicolás Antonio de Arredondo, Viceroy of Río de la Plata from 1789-1795. He had the streets of Buenos Aires paved, and protected and developed the Argentinian cattle...
Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Arredondo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Arredondo migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Arredondo Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Baltasar de Arredondo, who sailed to Cuba in 1513
Arredondo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Federico Arredondo, aged 30, who immigrated to the United States from St Pueba, Mexico, in 1910
- Fontangustina Mede-de Font Arredondo, aged 36, who landed in America from Merida, Mexico, in 1910
- Josefinn Ma de Arredondo, aged 2, who landed in America from Merida, Mexico, in 1910
- Carlos M. Arredondo, aged 23, who landed in America from Mexico D.F., Mexico, in 1911
- Luis P. Arredondo, aged 2, who immigrated to the United States from Mexico City, Mexico, in 1915
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Arredondo (post 1700) +
- David Zaldivar Arredondo (b. 1950), American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Ohio, 1972 
- Dr. José Manuel Arredondo y Gómez-Carcedo, Marquis of San Juan de Nepomuceno, Spanish physicist
- Sonia Arredondo (1947-1968), Mexican fencer at the 1968 Summer Olympics
- Ricardo Arredondo (1949-1991), Mexican professional boxer, WBC Super Featherweight champion
- Rene Arredondo (b. 1961), retired Mexican professional welterweight boxer
- José Juan Arredondo (b. 1984), Dominican Republic Major League Baseball relief pitcher
- Horacio Arredondo, Uruguayan historian and archaeologist
Related Stories +