Arranz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Arranz family
The surname Arranz was first found in the Basque region of northern Spain.
Early History of the Arranz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Arranz research. Another 286 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1908, 1645, 1650 and 1645 are included under the topic Early Arranz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Arranz Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Arestegui, Arostegui, Orestegui, Aresti, Areste, Oresti and many more.
Early Notables of the Arranz family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of the family name at this time was Giovanni Battista Aresti de Dovara, O.P., a Roman Catholic prelate who served as Archbishop of Aleppo (1645-1650.) He...
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Arranz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Arranz family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Joseph Aresteguieta, who arrived at the port of Philadelphia in 1804.
Contemporary Notables of the name Arranz (post 1700) +
- Paloma Arranz Santamarta (b. 1969), Spanish team handball player at the 1992 Summer Olympics
- Eduardo Arranz -Bravo (b. 1941), Spanish painter
- Joana Arranz Valiño (b. 1988), Spanish football defender
- Asier Arranz Martín (b. 1987), known simply as Asier, a Spanish footballer
- Melecio Arranz (1888-1966), Philippine politician, 5th President pro tempore of the Philippine Senate (1946-1949), Majority leader of the Senate of the Philippines (1945-1946)
Related Stories +