The noble French surname Arquette is of occupational
origin, deriving from the trade or profession pursued by the first bearer. In this instance, the surname Arquette derives from the French word "archer" which signifies "bowman," deriving from the Latin word "arcuarius or arcarius" which signifies "bow." Therefore, the surname Arquette was used to distinguish a bowman or a maker of bows.
Early Origins of the Arquette family
The surname Arquette was first found in the southern region of Provence. An early reference to the Arquette name, shows that the Arquier family in Provence was listed among the ancient aristocracy of France.
Early History of the Arquette family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Arquette research.Another 140 words (10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Arquette History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Arquette Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Arquette, Arquier, Archer, Larquer, Larcher and many more.
Early Notables of the Arquette family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Arquette Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Arquette family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Mitchel Arquette who arrived in Vermont in 1887; Eli Arquit, who was naturalized in Baltimore some time between the years 1802-1828; Amiable Arquoit, who was naturalized in Oregon in 1849..
Contemporary Notables of the name Arquette (post 1700)
- Alexis Arquette (1969-2016), born Robert Arquette, an American actress, cabaret performer, and activist
- Clifford Arquette (1905-1974), American radio and television actor and comedian
- Rosanna Arquette (b. 1959), Golden Globe-nominated American actress, film director, and film producer
- Patricia T. Arquette (b. 1968), Emmy Award-winning and Golden Globe Award-nominated American actress
- Donald Arquette, American Democrat politician, Chair of Lake County Democratic Party, 2003-07 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 2) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- David Arquette (b. 1972), American actor, film director, producer, screenwriter and fashion designer