Arguello History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The prestigious Spanish surname Arguello finds its origin in the place name Arguello, which is the name of a number of locations in Spain. The surname Arguello signifies "descendant or son of one who came from Arguello." It is derived from the Old Spanish "arboleo," meaning a "well-wooded area" (from the Latin "arboleus," a derivative of "arbor" meaning "a tree").
Early Origins of the Arguello family
The surname Arguello was first found in the province of Leon, in the ancient kingdom of Castile. Early records of this surname include a reference in the Los Americanos en las Ordenes Nobiliarias (1529-1900) to Juana de Arguello who married Clemente Munoz del Castillo (b. 1612) circa 1640 in Guanajuato, Mexico.
Early History of the Arguello family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Arguello research. Another 98 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1555, 1566 and 1565 are included under the topic Early Arguello History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Arguello Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Arguella, Arguellos, Arguelles, Arjuela, Arbuelo and others.
Early Notables of the Arguello family (pre 1700)
Con la Reconquista guerra con la que los cristianos bajo las órdenes del rey Fernando y la reina Isabel reconquistaron a España y expulsaron a los musulmanes invasores en el año 1492. Dentro de estos nombres de familias se han destacado, por ejemplo, Captain Francisco de Arguello Valderrama y Palomeque, who held the title of Regidor Perpetuo of Tenerife, in the Canary Islands. Martín de Argüelles, Jr. (born 1566)...
Another 69 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Arguello Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Arguello is the 6,718th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
| Arguello migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Arguello Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Hernando De Arguello, who landed in America in 1809 
- Jose M Arguello, aged 27, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- Ivan De Arguello, who arrived in Peru in 1834 
- Arguello, aged 26, who landed in America, in 1894
Arguello Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Henry Arguello, aged 20, who immigrated to the United States, in 1905
- David Arguello, aged 46, who landed in America from Leon, Nicaragua, in 1908
- Arturo Arguello, aged 18, who settled in America from San Miguel, Salvador, in 1909
- Giuseppe Arguello, aged 20, who settled in America from Raiano, Aquila, in 1909
- Jose Arguello, aged 60, who landed in America from San. Miguel, Salvador, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Arguello (post 1700) ||+|
- Daniel R. Arguello, American politician, Mayor of Alhambra, California, 2001 
- Lino Arguello, Nicaraguan poet, the author of such works as "Claros del alma" and "Versos"
- Leonardo Arguello, politician, doctor and writer, President of Nicaragua in 1947
- Daniel Arreola Argüello (b. 1985), Mexican football defender who has played since 2008
- Martín Vassallo Argüello (b. 1980), Argentine tennis player
- Santiago Arguello, noted Nicaraguan jurist and writer and was also elected President of the Supreme Court
- Juan Arguello, President of Nicaragua from 1826-1829
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 18) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html