on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The Arechiga surname is a Basque
habitational name from the of Aretxaga in Araba province, Basque
Country. The place name comes from the Basque
elements "aretx," meaning "oak," and "aga," meaning "a group or grove."
The surname Arechiga was first found in the "barrio" of the name Arechaga in Durango, Vizcaya.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Arechaga, Arechiga, Aréchiga, Aretxaga and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Arechiga research. Another 336 words (24 lines of text) covering the years 1572 and 1598 are included under the topic Early Arechiga History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Arechiga Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Arechiga Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Leopoldo Arechiga, aged 25, who landed in America from Mexico DF, Mexico, in 1920
- Philip Arechiga, aged 30, who emigrated to America from Pachuca, Mexico, in 1923
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Arechiga Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Arechiga Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 October 2014 at 10:51.
on orders of $85 or more