Arango History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Spanish Arango surname is generally thought to be derived from a place name in Asturias. It is thought that the word "Arango" has its roots with the Basque word "aran," which meant "valley."
Early Origins of the Arango family
The surname Arango was first found in Asturias. The first bearers of this surname are believed to have been knights of the Cuervo family, who were granted lordship of the valley of Arango, and later adopted this as their family name.
Early History of the Arango family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Arango research. Another 158 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1665, 1695, 1709, 1765, 1818, and 1834 are included under the topic Early Arango History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Arango Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Arango, Arangio and others.
Early Notables of the Arango family (pre 1700)
Another 39 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Arango Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Arango is the 8,010th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Arango migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Arango Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jesse A. Arango, who arrived in New York, NY in 1823
- Antonio Arango, who settled in New York, NY in 1823
- Manuel Arango, who settled in New York, NY in 1824
- Alexander Arango, who settled in New York in 1831
- A. Arango, who settled in New York in 1831
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Arango (post 1700) ||+|
- María Cristina Arango Vega (1928-2017), First Lady of Colombia from 1970 to 1974, widow of the 23rd President of Colombia
- Juan Pablo Ángel Arango (b. 1975), Colombian footballer
- Juan Arango (b. 1980), Venezuelan footballer who plays in the first division of the professional football league in Spain, and for Venezuela's national team
- Gonzalo Arango (b. 1931), Colombian poet and novelist
- Gabriel Arango (b. 1872), Columbian writer