Early Origins of the Appelt family
The surname Appelt was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Gelderland, (Guelders) an ancient province surrounding the town of Gelder. To the south of Friesland this province was originally in two parts north and south of the Rhine. In addition, the province is sub-divided into four towns, or quarters, Nijmegan, Arnhem, Zutphen and Roermond, each having unique rights and customs. Apeldoorn is a city of note. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Appelt family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Appelt research.Another 84 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Appelt History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Appelt Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Appledorn, vane Appeldorn, Apeldorn, van Apeldorn, Apeldorne, van Apeldorne, van Apeldoorn, Apeldoorn, van Apeldoorne, Apeldoorne, Apelthorn, van Apelthorn, Apeltorn, van Apeltorn, van Appeltorn, Appeltorn, van Appelthorn, van Apeltern and many more.
Early Notables of the Appelt family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Appelt Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Appelt family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Appelt Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Amalie Appelt, who settled in New York, NY in 1853
- Anna Appelt, who settled in New York, NY in 1853
- Caroline Appelt, who settled in New York, NY in 1853
- Auguste Appelt, who arrived in New York, NY in 1868
- Franz Appelt, who arrived in New York, NY in 1892
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Appelt (post 1700)
- Kathi Appelt (b. 1954), American children's writer and writing teacher
- Ingo Appelt (b. 1967), German stand up comedian
- Ingo Appelt (b. 1961), Austrian gold and bronze medalist bobsledder
- Dieter Appelt (b. 1935), Austrian photographer