Anzalone History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Anzalone family
The surname Anzalone was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Anzalone family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Anzalone research. Another 154 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1116, 1228, 1321, and 1749 are included under the topic Early Anzalone History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Anzalone Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ansaldi, Ansaldo, Anzaldi, Anzaldo, Ansalone, Ansaloni, Anzalone, Anzaloni, Answalda, Answaldi and many more.
Early Notables of the Anzalone family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Anzalone Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Anzalone migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Anzalone Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonino Anzalone, aged 22, who settled in America from Roccapalumba, Italy, in 1905
- Adamo Anzalone, aged 5, who settled in America from Ventimiglia, Italy, in 1906
- Agnello Anzalone, aged 53, who landed in America from Foggia, Italy, in 1907
- Angela Anzalone, aged 16, who landed in America from Ventimiglia, Italy, in 1909
- Antonio Anzalone, aged 55, who landed in America from Arpaia, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Anzalone (post 1700) +
- Frank Anzalone (b. 1954), American ice hockey coach
- Eric Anzalone (b. 1965), American musician, former leatherman/biker of the musical group Village People
- Charles Anzalone, American Democrat politician, Member of Louisiana State House of Representatives, 1950 
- Anne Marie Anzalone, American Democrat politician, Presidential Elector for New York, 2012 
- Fabrizio Anzalone (b. 1978), Italian footballer
Related Stories +