Anzalone History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Anzalone family
The surname Anzalone was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Ansaldo Doria (1134-1174) was a Genoese statesman and commander of the noble Doria family. His father was possibly named Genoaldo.
The Ansaldo was an Italian automobile manufactured by Gio. Ansaldo & C. from 1921 to 1931. The company entered car manufacture with an OHC 1,847 cc (112.7 cu in) inline-four engine model which could develop 36 bhp (27 kW) at 3600 rpm.
Ansaldi was an Italian automobile manufacturer founded in Milan in 1904 by Michele Ansaldi an engineer, designer, and industrialist. The only car they produced was sold as the F.I.A.T. Brevetti after the company was taken over in 1905.
Early History of the Anzalone family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Anzalone research. Another 154 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1116, 1321, 1228, 1749, 1584, 1638, 1635, 1638, 1578, 1576, 1578, 1576 and 1578 are included under the topic Early Anzalone History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Anzalone Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ansaldi, Ansaldo, Anzaldi, Anzaldo, Ansalone, Ansaloni, Anzalone, Anzaloni, Answalda, Answaldi and many more.
Early Notables of the Anzalone family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Giovanni Andrea Ansaldo (1584-1638), an Italian painter active mainly in Genoa. Born in Voltri, the son of a merchant. He trained under Orazio Cambiasi and possibly collaborated with Bernardo Strozzi. He is best known for the fresco decoration of the cupola of the Basilica della Santissima Annunziata del Vastato of Genova, completed during 1635-1638, just before his death.
Another 65 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Anzalone Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Anzalone is the 10,266th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Anzalone migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Anzalone Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonino Anzalone, aged 22, who settled in America from Roccapalumba, Italy, in 1905
- Adamo Anzalone, aged 5, who settled in America from Ventimiglia, Italy, in 1906
- Agnello Anzalone, aged 53, who landed in America from Foggia, Italy, in 1907
- Angela Anzalone, aged 16, who landed in America from Ventimiglia, Italy, in 1909
- Antonio Anzalone, aged 55, who landed in America from Arpaia, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Anzalone (post 1700) +
- Frank Anzalone (b. 1954), American ice hockey coach
- Eric Anzalone (b. 1965), American musician, former leatherman/biker of the musical group Village People
- Charles Anzalone, American Democratic Party politician, Member of Louisiana State House of Representatives, 1950 
- Anne Marie Anzalone, American Democratic Party politician, Presidential Elector for New York, 2012 
- Fabrizio Anzalone (b. 1978), Italian footballer
Related Stories +