Antonie History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Similar to many Austrian family names, the distinguished surname Antonie is a proud sign of a rich and ancient ancestry. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Austria were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins. The name Antonie is derived from the Latin family name Antonius, which is of uncertain etymology.
Early Origins of the Antonie family
The surname Antonie was first found in Styria, where this family name became noted for its many branches within the region. Each house acquired a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In later history, the name became a power unto itself and members of this most influential family were elevated to the ranks of nobility.
Important Dates for the Antonie family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Antonie research. Another 127 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1716, 1766, 1716 and 1724 are included under the topic Early Antonie History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Antonie Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Anthony, Anthonny, Anthoni, Anthonie, Antony and many more.
Early Notables of the Antonie family (pre 1700)
Another 40 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Antonie Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Antonie migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Antonie Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Paulus Antonie, aged 22, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1741 
Contemporary Notables of the name Antonie (post 1700)
- Leendert Antonie Donker (1899-1956), Dutch politician
- Antonie Delport Claassen (b. 1984), French and South African rugby union playe
- Antonie Gerrits (1885-1969), Dutch cyclist at the 1908 Summer Olympics
- Antonie Kamerling (b. 1966), Dutch television and film actor
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)