Anthonie History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Similar to many Austrian family names, the distinguished surname Anthonie is a proud sign of a rich and ancient ancestry. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Austria were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins. The name Anthonie is derived from the Latin family name Antonius, which is of uncertain etymology.
Early Origins of the Anthonie family
The surname Anthonie was first found in Styria, where this family name became noted for its many branches within the region. Each house acquired a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In later history, the name became a power unto itself and members of this most influential family were elevated to the ranks of nobility.
Early History of the Anthonie family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Anthonie research. Another 127 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1716, 1766, 1716 and 1724 are included under the topic Early Anthonie History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Anthonie Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Anthony, Anthonny, Anthoni, Anthonie, Antony and many more.
Early Notables of the Anthonie family (pre 1700)
Another 40 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Anthonie Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Anthonie migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Anthonie Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John Anthonie, who arrived in Rhode Island in 1634 
Contemporary Notables of the name Anthonie (post 1700) +
- Anthonie Willem "Ton" Blok (1944-2021), Dutch athlete and harness racer, National Champion
- Anthonie Wilhelmus "Toon" Verhoef (b. 1946), Dutch painter, ceramist and art lecturer
- Anthonie "Tonny" van der Linden (1932-2017), Dutch footballer
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)