Anastasio History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Anastasio surname is a patronymic name created from the personal name Anastasio.
Early Origins of the Anastasio family
The surname Anastasio was first found in Ravenna, a city of Emilia, capital of the province of Ravenna. It dates back to the 2nd century B.C. It came under the dominance of Rome. Augustus made it his fleet port. It fell to the Goths but Justinian sent an army in 535 A.D and restored it to Italy. By the 13th it was independent under the papal states, and generally, except for the French revolution, remained so. It is rich in art, museums, galleries, churches and history. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Anastasio family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Anastasio research. Another 100 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1653 and 1704 are included under the topic Early Anastasio History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Anastasio Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Nastasi, Nestasi, Anastasi, Anestasi, Anostasi and many more.
Early Notables of the Anastasio family (pre 1700)
Another 32 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Anastasio Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Anastasio migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Anastasio Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Michele Anastasio, who settled in Colorado in 1888
Anastasio Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Constantinou Anastasio, who settled in New York, NY in 1901
- Constantinos Anastasio, who settled in New York, NY in 1903
- Andreo Anastasio, who arrived in New York, NY in 1904
Contemporary Notables of the name Anastasio (post 1700) +
- Kara Anastasio, American politician in Ohio's 7th congressional district (2002-2004)
- Ernest Joseph "Trey" Anastasio (b. 1964), American guitarist, composer, and vocalist
- Anastasia Anastasio (b. 1990), Italian compound archer, current ranked number thirteen in women's compound archery
- Michael R. Anastasio (b. 1948), American director of the Los Alamos National Laboratory (2006-2011)
- Anastasio Alfaro (1865-1951), Costa Rican zoologist, geologist and explorer
- Anastasio Somoza (1896-1960), twice president of Nicaragua, in 1937-47, and 1950-56
- Anastasio Bustamante, Mexican general and president (1830–32 and 1837–41)
Related Stories +