Anastasia History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Anastasia surname is a patronymic name created from the personal name Anastasio.
Early Origins of the Anastasia family
The surname Anastasia was first found in Ravenna, a city of Emilia, capital of the province of Ravenna. It dates back to the 2nd century B.C. It came under the dominance of Rome. Augustus made it his fleet port. It fell to the Goths but Justinian sent an army in 535 A.D and restored it to Italy. By the 13th it was independent under the papal states, and generally, except for the French revolution, remained so. It is rich in art, museums, galleries, churches and history. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Anastasia family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Anastasia research. Another 100 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1653 and 1704 are included under the topic Early Anastasia History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Anastasia Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Nastasi, Nestasi, Anastasi, Anestasi, Anostasi and many more.
Early Notables of the Anastasia family (pre 1700)
Another 32 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Anastasia Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Anastasia migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Anastasia Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joseph Anastasia, who settled in California in 1879
Anastasia Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mary Anastasia, who arrived in Maryland in 1910
Contemporary Notables of the name Anastasia (post 1700) +
- Antônio Anastasia (b. 1961), Brazilian lawyer and politician elected governor of the state of Minas Gerais in 2010
- Anastasia Robinson (d. 1755), Countess of Peterborough, an English singer, the eldest daughter of Thomas Robinson, portrait-painter, who was descended from 'a good family' in Leicestershire
- Anastasia Hille (b. 1965), English film, television and theatre actress
- Anastasia Anastasio (b. 1990), Italian compound archer, current ranked number thirteen in women's compound archery
- Anastasia Klose (b. 1978), Australian artist
- Anastasia M. Ashman (b. 1964), American author
- Anastasia Somoza, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 2004, 2008 (alternate) 
- Anastasia Pittman, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Oklahoma, 2008 
Related Stories +