Amoroso History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Amoroso family
The surname Amoroso was first found in the south of Italy, which consists mostly of the Papal States, though it also includes Sicily
and a few smaller regions. The name does occasionally appear in the north however; most northern variations of the name end in "i," whereas those that end in "o" are collected in the south. The name means "in love," and so was either given to a man who was obviously infatuated with a woman; or perhaps to a man so handsome and/or charming that many women were in love with him.
Early History of the Amoroso family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Amoroso research.Another 240 words (17 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Amoroso History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Amoroso Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Amoroso, Amorosi, Amorosa, Amoruso, Amoroselli and many more.
Early Notables of the Amoroso family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Amoroso Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Amoroso family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Amoroso Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- C. Amoroso, who arrived in New York in 1891 on board the S.S. Anglia
Amoroso Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Adelaide Amoroso, aged 40, who settled in America from Napoli, Italy, in 1909
- A. Amoroso, aged 41, who landed in America from Rome, Italy, in 1910
- Angel A. Amoroso, aged 10, who landed in America from Rome, Italy, in 1910
- Angelo Amoroso, aged 30, who landed in America from Mongiassano, Italy, in 1912
- Angelina Amoroso, aged 10, who emigrated to America from Mormanno, Italy, in 1920
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Amoroso (post 1700)
- Ryan Anthony Amoroso (b. 1985), American basketball player
- Anthony Amoroso, Italian-American chef
- Bruno Amoroso (1936-2017), Danish/Italian economist, author, and Emeritus Professor of Economics at the Department of Society and Globalization of the Roskilde University
- Alessandra Amoroso (b. 1986), Italian pop /soul singer
- Christian Amoroso (b. 1976), Italian football midfielder who played for the Italian National Team in 1997
- Luigi Amoroso (1886-1965), Italian neoclassical economist
- Márcio Amoroso dos Santos (b. 1974), Brazilian football player representing Brazil at the international level
Amoroso Family Crest Products