on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Italian, Portuguese
Where did the Italian Amaral family come from? What is the Italian Amaral family crest and coat of arms? When did the Amaral family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Amaral family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Amarelli, Ameral, Amerel, Amaraldi and others.
First found in Calabria a territorial district of Italy. Ancient Calabria was in Lecce. Modern Calabria is in the southern extremity of Italy coasting the straits of Messina. Reggio and Messina are the cities of note. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Amaral research. Another 181 words (13 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Amaral History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Amaral Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Amaral Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Dominga Amaral, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816
- Joseph F. Amaral, who came to Ashtabula Co. , Ohio
- Frank Arnaldo Amaral, who settled in Ashtabula Co. , Ohio
- Anna Filomena Amaral, aged 34, who landed in America, in 1894
Amaral Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Adam B. Amaral, aged 24, who landed in America from Mijarella, Portugal, in 1910
- Alfredo Santos Amaral, aged 33, who emigrated to the United States from Portugal, in 1919
- Americo Amaral, aged 33, who settled in America from Gouveia, Portugal, in 1920
- Abilio Augusto Amaral, aged 21, who settled in America from Monsao, Portugal, in 1920
- Amilear A. Amaral, aged 34, who emigrated to the United States, in 1923
- Ana Luísa Amaral (b. 1956), Portuguese poet and a professor of Anglo-American Studies
- Richard Louis Amaral (b. 1962), American former utility player in Major League Baseball
- Joseph N. Amaral, American Republican politician, Elected Rhode Island State House of Representatives 70th District 2002
- Mrs. Esta Amaral, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Puerto Rico, 1952
- Barry J. Amaral, American politician, Candidate for Mayor of Taunton, Massachusetts, 1999
- Yara Amaral (1936-1988), Brazilian actress
- Antonio Henrique Amaral, present-day Brazilian painter and printmaker
- Fernando Monteiro do Amaral (1925-2009), Portuguese politician
- Karoline Amaral (b. 1984), Brazilian model
- Darío Amaral (b. 1932), Brazilian fencer
- Bongioanni, Angelo. Nomi e Cognomi. Saggio di Ricerche Etimologiche e Storiche. Torino: A. Forni, 1979. Print.
- Dizionario Biografico degli Italiani. Rome Istituto della Enciclopedia Italiana 56 volumesr. Print.
- Gheno, Antonio. Contributo alla Bibliografia Genealogica Italiana. Bologna: Forni, 1924. Print.
- Guelfi Camajani, Piero. Dizionario Araldico 1940 Reprint Arnoaldo Forni. Milan: 1978. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Di Crollalanza, Goffredo. Enciclopedia araldico cavalleresca Prontuario nobiliare. Pisa: Presso La Direzione Del Giorale Araldica , 1878. Print.
- Di Crollalanza, G.B. Dizionario Storico-Blasonico Delle Famiglie Nobili e Notabili Italiane 3 volumes. Pisa. Print.
The Amaral Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Amaral Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 4 November 2015 at 10:44.
on orders of $85 or more