Altieri History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Altieri family
The surname Altieri was first found in Rome (Italian: Roma), the capital of the Kingdom of Italy. Little can be said in the space available which would do justice to the history of this beautiful city. From 1000 B.C, its history is a book of life itself. The buildings, culture, arts, cathedrals, churches, museums galleries hold untold treasures unequalled anywhere else in the world. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. Bearers of Altieri made up the principal and most illustrious family d'Oriole e duchi di Monterano. They were Princes of Rome. The name comes from a German name, which has two possible origins; the second element is almost certainly from the word "haria," meaning "to practice," but the first element could be either "alda," meaning "old," or "ancient," or it could be "audha," meaning "power," or "riches."
Early History of the Altieri family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Altieri research. Another 117 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1676, 1589 and 1654 are included under the topic Early Altieri History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Altieri Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Altieri, Alterio, Autieri, Autiero, Ottieri, Ottiero, Uttieri, Uttiero and many more.
Early Notables of the Altieri family (pre 1700)
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Altieri Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Altieri migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Altieri Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Domingo Altieri who went to Puerto Rico in 1816
- Francesco Altieri, who arrived in New York on board the Orsola in 1882
Contemporary Notables of the name Altieri (post 1700) +
- Mitchell Altieri, American film director, producer and writer
- Miguel Altieri, Professor of Agroecology at the University of California, Berkeley
- John F. Altieri (1969-2008), American singer and stage actor
- Kevin Altieri, American television director of animated cartoons
- Frank E Altieri, American politician
- Charles W. Altieri, American politician, Candidate for Delegate to New York State Constitutional Convention 2nd District, 1966 
- Paluzzo Paluzzi Altieri (1623-1698), Italian Catholic Cardinal
- Michel Altieri (b. 1978), Italian actor, singer and recording artist
- Elena Altieri (1910-1997), Italian film actress
- Giambattista Altieri (1589-1654), Italian Catholic Cardinal
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +