FREE SHIPPING on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Almanza family come from? What is the Spanish Almanza family crest and coat of arms? When did the Almanza family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Almanza family history?The surname Almanza is the name of a noble family whose roots are Spanish, but has been greatly influenced by the Moorish occupation of the region during the early Middle Ages. The word "almanza" comes from the Arabic words "al-mansa" meaning "the house."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Almansa, Almanzan and others.
First found in the judicial district of Sahagún, province of León. The surname Almanza was taken from a village of the same name. Its progenitor was Don Lope Díaz de Cinfontes, who took the name "Almanza" for possessing the Lordship of this village. Don Lope was also the Master Guard of the King and is laid to rest in the Grand Chapel of Sotnobal. Over his sepulcher is written the following epitaph: "Here lies Lope Diaz de Cinfontes, Lord of Almanza; God have mercy on his soul..."
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Almanza research. Another 149 words(11 lines of text) covering the years 1393 and 1533 are included under the topic Early Almanza History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 113 words(8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Almanza Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Almanza Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
Almanza Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
The Almanza Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Almanza Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 24 November 2011 at 07:28.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.