Alicea History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Alicea family
The surname Alicea was first found in Messina (Sicilian: Missina; Latin: Messana), capital of the Italian province of Messina. Its history begins in 397 B.C. After a checkered history the Saracens took it in 831, and the Normans in 1061. It was host to the crusaders in 1190. Garibaldi landed in 1860 and it was the last city to be made a part of united Italy. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Alicea family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Alicea research. Another 86 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Alicea History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Alicea Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Alicea, Alesi, Alesio, Alesci, Alecci, Ales, Alescio, Alesseri, Allesiani, Alicea, Alicci, Alesani, Aliscio and many more.
Early Notables of the Alicea family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Alicea Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Alicea is the 2,834th most popular surname with an estimated 9,948 people with that name. 
Alicea migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Alicea Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Rosends Alicea, aged 24, who arrived in New York in 1919 aboard the ship "San Juan" from San Juan, Puerto Rico 
- Fidela Alicea, aged 12, who arrived in New York, New York in 1919 aboard the ship "Coamo" from San Juan, Puerto Rico 
Contemporary Notables of the name Alicea (post 1700) +
- Geraldo Alicea (b. 1963), American politician
- Eduardo Alicea (b. 1990), undefeated Puerto Rican-American professional boxer
- Wilmer Alicea (b. 1976), Puerto Rican reggaeton singer
- Luis René Alicea (b. 1965), former Puerto Rican Major League Baseball second baseman
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ "New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J6Q9-6TB : 6 December 2014), Rosends Alicea, 10 Dec 1919; citing departure port San Juan, Puerto Rico, arrival port New York, ship name San Juan, NARA microfilm publication T715 and M237 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).
- ^ "New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J6QR-K3F : 6 December 2014), Fidela Alicea, 17 Mar 1919; citing departure port San Juan, Puerto Rico, arrival port New York, New York, ship name Coamo, NARA microfilm publication T715 and M237 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).