Ali History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Ali family
The surname Ali was first found in the areas around Ali Superiore and Ali Terme, both places in Sicily. The name Ali originated from the names of these two places. Most likely, it was given to someone who had lived in one of those places, but then moved elsewhere, where he took the name to identify himself by his place of origin. Though the name is much more common in Sicily than elsewhere, it has spread to mainland Italy over the ages. Other spelling variations of Ali which end in "i" are mostly from the north, whereas those that end in "o" come from the south.
Early History of the Ali family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ali research. Another 49 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1387, 1640, 1690, 1749 and 1803 are included under the topic Early Ali History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ali Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ali, Aliotto, Aliotti, Aliotta and others.
Early Notables of the Ali family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this surname in early times was Enrico Alfieri (b. 1387), a general minister of the Francescan order in the early 15th century; Bonaventura Aliotti, O.F.M...
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ali Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Ali family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: bearers of the $ family name, who settled along the east coast of North America in the late 19th century.
Contemporary Notables of the name Ali (post 1700) +
- Muhammad (Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr.) Ali (1942-2016), American boxer, three time World Heavyweight Champion, and recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Mr. Sarfraz Ali M.B.E., British President for Pakistan Association Liverpool, was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire on 8th June 2018, for services to Community Cohesion and Integration in Liverpool 
- Musarrat Ali Bittan (b. 1971), Indian politician and a member of the Sixteenth Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh in India
- Mohamed Ali Sassi (b. 1980), Tunisian Olympic boxer at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Habib Ali Kiddie (1929-1987), Pakistani gold and silver medalist field hockey player from 1950 to 1964
- Othman Ali Abbott Jr. (1874-1954), American politician, Mayor of Grand Island, Nebraska, 1932, 1939-40 
- Othman Ali Abbott (1842-1935), American Republican politician, Member of Nebraska State Senate, 1872; Delegate to Nebraska State Constitutional Convention, 1875; Lieutenant Governor of Nebraska, 1877-79 
- Ali Hüsrev Bozer (1925-2020), Turkish politician and academic of commercial law, Prime Minister of Turkey (1989)
- Ali Goodbrand, British Treasurer of King's College London Rugby Football Club (2009-2010)
- Ali Rial (b. 1980), Algerian football player
Historic Events for the Ali family +
- Mr. William Ali (d. 1912), aged 25, Argentine Third Class passenger from Buenos Aires who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking and was recovered by CS Mackay-Bennett 
- Mr. Ahmed Ali (d. 1912), aged 24, Argentine Third Class passenger from Buenos Aires who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking 
Related Stories +