on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Italian, Spanish
Where did the Italian Alfaro family come from? What is the Italian Alfaro family crest and coat of arms? When did the Alfaro family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Alfaro family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Alfaro, Lo Faro, Il Faro, Le Faro and others.
First found in Calabria a territorial district of Italy. Ancient Calabria was in Lecce. Modern Calabria is in the southern extremity of Italy coasting the straits of Messina. Reggio and Messina are the cities of note. This beautiful region produces wine, olive oil and fruit. Reggio was heavily bombed during WWII because of its strategical link with Sicily. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Alfaro research. Another 179 words(13 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Alfaro History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Alfaro Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Alonso Alfaro, who arrived in West Indies in 1513
- Juan Alfaro, who came to America in 1516
- Cosme De Alfaro who arrived in Venezuela in 1534
- Lazaro De Alfaro and his family who settled in New Granada in 1564
- Ana De Alfaro who emigrated with her two daughters to the Dominican Republic in 1564
Alfaro Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Beatriz De Alfaro, who arrived in America in 1812
- Juan Alfaro, who landed in America in 1816
- Elina Alfaro, aged 14, landed in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Elina Alfaro, who came to New Orleans in 1829
- Matias Alfaro, who settled in New Orleans in 1830
Alfaro Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Daria Alfaro, who settled in Kansas in 1947
- Luis Alfaro (b. 1963), renowned American Chicano performance artist, writer, theater director, and social activist
- Flavio Alfaro, member of the famous 1984 United States Olympic Baseball team
- Jason Alfaro (b. 1977), former American Major League /Minor League baseball player
- Carlota Alfaro (b. 1933), fashion designer from Puerto Rico
- Nathalia Alfaro (b. 1987), female beach volleyball player from Costa Rica
- Alejandro Alfaro (b. 1986), Spanish footballer
- Emiliano Alfaro (b. 1988), Uruguayan footballer
- Enrique Alfaro (b. 1974), retired Mexican football midfielder
- Anastasio Alfaro (1865-1951), Costa Rican zoologist, geologist and explorer
- Oscar Alfaro (1921-1963), Bolivian writer
- Stiens, Robert E. Passenger list Italy to New York 1893 In Italian Genealogist. Torrance, CA: Augustan Society No 3, 1983. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Di Crollalanza, G.B. Dizionario Storico-Blasonico Delle Famiglie Nobili e Notabili Italiane 3 volumes. Pisa. Print.
- Bongioanni, Angelo. Nomi e Cognomi. Saggio di Ricerche Etimologiche e Storiche. Torino: A. Forni, 1979. Print.
- Guelfi Camajani, Piero. Dizionario Araldico 1940 Reprint Arnoaldo Forni. Milan: 1978. Print.
- Glazier, Ira A. and P. Williams Filby Edition. Italians to America. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Bascapè, Giacomo and Marcello del Piazzo. Insegne e Simboli Araldica pubblica e privata medievale e moderna. Rome: 1983. Print.
The Alfaro Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Alfaro Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 29 January 2014 at 13:05.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more