100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Italian, Spanish
Where did the Italian Alfaro family come from? What is the Italian Alfaro family crest and coat of arms? When did the Alfaro family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Alfaro family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Alfaro, Lo Faro, Il Faro, Le Faro and others.
First found in Calabria a territorial district of Italy. Ancient Calabria was in Lecce. Modern Calabria is in the southern extremity of Italy coasting the straits of Messina. Reggio and Messina are the cities of note. This beautiful region produces wine, olive oil and fruit. Reggio was heavily bombed during WWII because of its strategical link with Sicily. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Alfaro research. Another 179 words(13 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Alfaro History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Alfaro Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Alonso Alfaro, who arrived in West Indies in 1513
- Juan Alfaro, who came to America in 1516
- Cosme De Alfaro who arrived in Venezuela in 1534
- Lazaro De Alfaro and his family who settled in New Granada in 1564
- Ana De Alfaro who emigrated with her two daughters to the Dominican Republic in 1564
Alfaro Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Beatriz De Alfaro, who arrived in America in 1812
- Juan Alfaro, who landed in America in 1816
- Elina Alfaro, aged 14, landed in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Elina Alfaro, who came to New Orleans in 1829
- Matias Alfaro, who settled in New Orleans in 1830
Alfaro Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Daria Alfaro, who settled in Kansas in 1947
- Jason Alfaro (b. 1977), former American Major League /Minor League baseball player
- Flavio Alfaro, member of the famous 1984 United States Olympic Baseball team
- Luis Alfaro (b. 1963), renowned American Chicano performance artist, writer, theater director, and social activist
- Fabián Alfaro (b. 1981), Chilean footballer
- Ramón Bernardo Soto Alfaro (1854-1931), President of Costa Rica from 1885 to 1889
- Cristián Alfaro (b. 1987), Argentine footballer
- Boris Alfaro, Panamanian football striker
- Xiomara Alfaro (b. 1930), Cuban coloratura soprano
- Roque Raúl Alfaro (b. 1956), Argentine football manager and former player
- Oscar Alfaro (1921-1963), Bolivian writer
- Bascapè, Giacomo and Marcello del Piazzo. Insegne e Simboli Araldica pubblica e privata medievale e moderna. Rome: 1983. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Stiens, Robert E. Passenger list Italy to New York 1893 In Italian Genealogist. Torrance, CA: Augustan Society No 3, 1983. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Dizionario Biografico degli Italiani. Rome Istituto della Enciclopedia Italiana 56 volumesr. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Guelfi Camajani, Piero. Dizionario Araldico 1940 Reprint Arnoaldo Forni. Milan: 1978. Print.
- Bongioanni, Angelo. Nomi e Cognomi. Saggio di Ricerche Etimologiche e Storiche. Torino: A. Forni, 1979. Print.
The Alfaro Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Alfaro Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 29 January 2014 at 13:05.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!