Alexandrov History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The name Alexandrov is a patronymic
surname formed by adding one of the many Russian suffixes, such as "-ov" and "-ovic" to the either of the personal names Alexander, (forms of which were widely popular throughout Europe in the Middle Ages due to Alexander the Great (356-323 BC); or Aleksei in Russia. Alexander comes from the Greek Alexandros, which originally meant "defender of men." Aleksei is from the Greek alexios, which meant "helping or defending."
Early Origins of the Alexandrov family
The surname Alexandrov was first found in Russia, where the name was born by members of the population of the Russian Empire.
Early History of the Alexandrov family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Alexandrov research.Another 69 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1266, 1370, 1348, 1511 and 1801 are included under the topic Early Alexandrov History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Alexandrov Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Aleksandrov, Aleksanov, Aleksandrovich, Aleksandrev, Aleksandrovich, Alekseev, Alexandrov, Aleksandroff, Alexandroff and many more.
Early Notables of the Alexandrov family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Alexandrov Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Alexandrov family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: some of the great number of bearers of Alexander who came to North America. Nikolas Alexander arrived in New York in 1842.
Contemporary Notables of the name Alexandrov (post 1700)
- Anatoly Petrovich Alexandrov (1903-1994), Soviet and Russian physicist, director of the Kurchatov Institute
- Anatoly Nikolayevich Alexandrov (1888-1982), Russian composer of works for piano and for other instruments
- Yury Alexandrovich Alexandrov (b. 1988), Russian professional ice hockey defenceman
- Yuri Isaakovich Alexandrov, Russian opera director
- Yuri Alexandrov (1963-2013), Russian Soviet-era boxer, World Amateur Flyweight Champion in 1982, and European Amateur Bantamweight Champion in 1983
- Alexander Vasilyevich Alexandrov (1883-1946), Russian Soviet composer, founder of the Alexandrov Ensemble, awarded the People's Artist of the USSR and the Stalin Prize
- Sergei Evgenievich Alexandrov (b. 1978), Kazakhstani ice hockey forward
- Pavel Sergeyevich Alexandrov (1896-1982), Soviet mathematician
- Mihail Alexandrov (b. 1985), Bulgarian Olympic swimmer at the 2004 and 2008 Olympics, two-time gold medalist and three-time bronze medalist
Alexandrov Family Crest Products