Alessandrini History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
People in Italy were originally known only by a single name, but it became necessary for people to adopt a second name, or surname to identify themselves as populations grew and travel became more frequent. The process of adopting fixed hereditary surnames in Italy began in the 10th and 11th centuries. The surname Alessandrini was derived from the Italian personal name Alessandro.
Early Origins of the Alessandrini family
The surname Alessandrini was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Alessandrini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Alessandrini research. Another 110 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1516, 1187, 1455, 1503, 1657 and 1560 are included under the topic Early Alessandrini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Alessandrini Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Di Sandro, Sandra, Sandras, Sandre, Sandrolini, Sandron, Sandrone, Alessandro, Alessandra, Lassandro, Lassandra, Assandro and many more.
Early Notables of the Alessandrini family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Lorenzo d’Alessandro (c.1455-1503), an Italian painter and interpreter of late Gothic style; and Vincenzo Alessandri (died 1657), an Italian Knight of Malta who became a buccaneer.
Romano Alessandro, surnamed della Viola from his skill on that instrument, lived in the latter half...
Another 47 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Alessandrini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Alessandrini is the 7,771st most popular surname with an estimated 1,000 - 1,500 people with that name. 
Migration of the Alessandrini family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Giovanni Allesandro, who was naturalized in Colorado in 1890; Edward Alesandro, who was on record in New York State some time between 1884-1915; as well as Alicandro Alessandro, who arrived in New York, NY in 1904..
Contemporary Notables of the name Alessandrini (post 1700) +
- Gerard Alessandrini (b. 1953), American playwright, parodist, actor and theatre director
- Antonio Alessandrini (1786-1861), Italian who taught comparative anatomy and veterinary science at the University of Bologna
- Giulio Alessandrini (1506-1590), Italian physician, author, and poet
- Giancarlo Alessandrini (b. 1950), Italian comic artist
- Goffredo Alessandrini (1904-1978), Italian script writer and film director
- Rinaldo Alessandrini (b. 1960), Italian virtuoso on Baroque keyboards
- Lorenza Alessandrini (b. 1990), Italian ice dancer
- Elia Alessandrini (1997-2022), Swiss professional footballer who played as a centre-back; he died from drowning while on vacation
- Cristian Alessandrini (b. 1985), Argentine footballer
Related Stories +
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/