Alessandra History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Alessandra family
The surname Alessandra was first found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in West Flanders, a province in Belgium, originally Bruges. Within this province the notable towns are Bruges, the capital city, Ostend, Courtrai, Furnes, Thielt, Ypres and Roulers. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family. Undoubtedly the name was originally of Spanish origin and the first records emerged from the Spanish occupation of the Netherlands until the 16th century. However, records of the origin in Spain are not evident at this time.
Early History of the Alessandra family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Alessandra research. Another 101 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1516, 1187, 1644 and 1712 are included under the topic Early Alessandra History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Alessandra Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Di Sandro, Sandra, Sandras, Sandre, Sandrolini, Sandron, Sandrone, Alessandro, Alessandra, Lassandro, Lassandra and many more.
Early Notables of the Alessandra family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Alessandra Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Alessandra family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Jehan Sandre, who came to Acadia in 1636; Andreas Sandrock, who came to Halifax, N.S. in 1778; Christoph Sandrock, who arrived in America in 1836; Rafael Alejandro, who settled in New Orleans in 1854.
Contemporary Notables of the name Alessandra (post 1700)
- Flávia Alessandra Martins da Costa (b. 1974), Brazilian actress
- Lewis Peter Alessandra (b. 1989), English footballer who plays as a forward for Plymouth Argyle
- Alessandra Vidal de Negreiros Negrini (b. 1970), Brazilian actress
- Alessandra De Rossi (b. 1984), stage name of Alessandra Schiavone, an English-born, FAMAS Award winning actress
- Alessandra Buonanno, American theoretical physicist, Professor of Physics at the University of Maryland in College Park, Maryland
- Alessandra Riegler (b. 1961), Italian International Correspondence Chess Grandmaster
- Alessandra Corine Ambrósio (b. 1981), Brazilian model
- Alessandra Amoroso (b. 1986), Italian pop /soul singer
- Alessandra Galiotto (b. 1983), Italian sprint canoer at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Alessandra Scala (1475-1506), Italian poet and scholar of Greek