The name Aleksandrov is a patronymic
surname formed by adding one of the many Russian suffixes, such as "-ov" and "-ovic" to the either of the personal names Alexander, (forms of which were widely popular throughout Europe in the Middle Ages due to Alexander the Great (356-323 BC); or Aleksei in Russia. Alexander comes from the Greek Alexandros, which originally meant "defender of men." Aleksei is from the Greek alexios, which meant "helping or defending."
Early Origins of the Aleksandrov family
The surname Aleksandrov was first found in Russia, where the name was born by members of the population of the Russian Empire.
Early History of the Aleksandrov family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Aleksandrov research.Another 137 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1266, 1370, 1348, 1511 and 1801 are included under the topic Early Aleksandrov History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Aleksandrov Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Aleksandrov, Aleksanov, Aleksandrovich, Aleksandrev, Aleksandrovich, Alekseev, Alexandrov, Aleksandroff, Alexandroff and many more.
Early Notables of the Aleksandrov family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Aleksandrov Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Aleksandrov family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: some of the great number of bearers of Alexander who came to North America. Nikolas Alexander arrived in New York in 1842.
Contemporary Notables of the name Aleksandrov (post 1700)
- Aleksandr Danilovich Aleksandrov (1912-1999), Soviet/Russian mathematician, physicist, philosopher and mountaineer
- Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Aleksandrov (b. 1988), Russian footballer
- Pavel Sergeevich Aleksandrov (1896-1982), Russian mathematician
- Aleksandar Aleksandrov (b. 1984), Bulgarian amateur boxer at the 2012 Olympics
- Aleksandar Aleksandrov (b. 1990), Azerbaijani silver medalist rower at the 2014 European Championships
- Aleksandar Aleksandrov (b. 1993), Bulgarian footballer
- Aleksandar "Sasho" Aleksandrov (b. 1986), Bulgarian footballer
- Aleksandar Dragomirov Aleksandrov (b. 1986), Bulgarian footballer
- Aleksandar "Alex" Aleksandrov (b. 1975), Bulgarian former football attacking midfielder, Bulgarian Footballer of the Year in 1999 and Footballer of the Year of Varna for 2007 and for 2008
- Aleksandr Panayotov Aleksandrov (b. 1951), retired Bulgarian cosmonaut
- ... (Another 2 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)