Early Origins of the Alejandra family
The surname Alejandra was first found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in West Flanders
, a province in Belgium, originally Bruges. Within this province the notable towns are Bruges, the capital city, Ostend, Courtrai, Furnes, Thielt, Ypres and Roulers. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family. Undoubtedly the name was originally of Spanish origin and the first records emerged from the Spanish occupation
of the Netherlands
until the 16th century. However, records of the origin in Spain
are not evident at this time.
Early History of the Alejandra family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Alejandra research.Another 201 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1516, 1187, 1644 and 1712 are included under the topic Early Alejandra History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Alejandra Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Di Sandro, Sandra, Sandras, Sandre, Sandrolini, Sandron, Sandrone, Alessandro, Alessandra, Lassandro, Lassandra and many more.
Early Notables of the Alejandra family (pre 1700)
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Alejandra Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Alejandra family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Jehan Sandre, who came to Acadia in 1636; Andreas Sandrock, who came to Halifax, N.S. in 1778; Christoph Sandrock, who arrived in America in 1836; Rafael Alejandro, who settled in New Orleans in 1854.
Contemporary Notables of the name Alejandra (post 1700)
- Cynthia Alejandra de la Vega Oates (b. 1991), Mexican beauty queen and the 2010 Nuestra Belleza Mundo México titleholder
- Mónica Alejandra Godoy (b. 1976), Chilean actress
- Fairuza Alejandra Balk (b. 1974), American film actress
- Alejandra Llamas (b. 1970), Mexican-born, American best-selling author, speaker, founder of the MMK Process
- Alejandra Carbone (b. 1975), Argentine fencer who competed at the 1996, 2000 and 2004 Summer Olympics
- Alejandra Laura Gulla (b. 1977), Argentine field hockey player
- Alejandra Echevarria, Spanish beauty queen, fashion model, and singer from Jaén, Spain
- Alejandra Barros (b. 1971), Mexican actress
- Alejandra Gabriela Guzmán Pinal (b. 1968), award-winning Mexican rock singer and actress
- Alejandra Avalos, Latin pop singer