Alegria History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Alegria family
The surname Alegria was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Alegria family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Alegria research. Another 113 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1255, 1368, 1475, 1587, 1663, 1580, 1629 and 1652 are included under the topic Early Alegria History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Alegria Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Allegri, Allegro, Allegra, Allegretti, Allegretto, Allegretta, Allegrini, Allegrucci, Allegroni, Allegrani, Allegranza, Allegranzini, Allegrezza, Allegria, Alegri, Alegro and many more.
Early Notables of the Alegria family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Flaminio Allegrini da Cantiano, and Itlaian painter; and his son, Francesco Allegrini da Gubbio (1587-1663), an Italian painter from Gubbio, Perugia. Francesco's children, Flaminio and Angelica Allegrini, were also painters of some note. Angelica painted a canvas for the church of San Francesco, Gubbio.
Gregorio Allegri was a beneficed priest attached to the cathedral of Fermo, and a member of the same family which produced Corregio the painter, was also a musical composer of much distinction...
Another 82 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Alegria Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Alegria is the 11,421st most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Alegria migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Alegria Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pedro Alegria, who arrived in America in 1814 
- Antonio Alegria, who settled in California in 1870
Contemporary Notables of the name Alegria (post 1700) +
- Maria L. Alegria, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 2000, 2008 
- Clara Isabel Alegría Vides (1924-2018), Nicaraguan-Salvadoran poet, essayist, novelist, and journalist
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 2) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html