Alegre History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Alegre family
The surname Alegre was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Alegre family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Alegre research. Another 113 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1255, 1368, 1475, 1587 and 1663 are included under the topic Early Alegre History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Alegre Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Allegri, Allegro, Allegra, Allegretti, Allegretto, Allegretta, Allegrini, Allegrucci, Allegroni, Allegrani, Allegranza, Allegranzini, Allegrezza, Allegria, Alegri, Alegro and many more.
Early Notables of the Alegre family (pre 1700)
Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Alegre Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Alegre migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Alegre Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Francisco Alegre, who settled in Puerto Rico in 1560
- Pedro Alegre, who settled in Mexico in 1582
- Juan Alegre, who settled in Philippines in 1593
Alegre Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Tomas Alegre, who settled in Puerto Rico in 1816
- Tomas Alegre, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816 
- T Alegre, aged 30, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1831 
- T. Alegre, who settled in New Orleans in 1831
- Ramon Felipe Alegre, who settled in Puerto Rico in 1874
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Alegre (post 1700) +
- Manuel Alegre de Melo Duarte GCL (b. 1936), Portuguese poet and politician
- Milton Oscar Tobías Alegre López (b. 1991), Argentine footballer
- Mauro Alegre (b. 1988), Argentine footballer
- Diego Alegre Gil (b. 1982), Spanish footballer
- Ramón Alegre Biosca (b. 1981), Spanish two-time gold, silver and bronze medalist field hockey defender
- David Alegre Biosca (b. 1984), Spanish two-time gold, silver and bronze medalist field hockey midfielder
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)