Aldini History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
A variety of distinguished and notable names have emerged from the beautiful and historical Italian region of Tuscany, including the notable surname Aldini. During the Middle Ages, as populations grew and travel between regions became more frequent, people in Tuscany, who had been going by a single name, found it necessary to adopt a second name to identify themselves and their families. This process of adopting fixed hereditary surnames in Italy began in the 10th and 11th centuries, but it was not completed until the modern era. The patronymic surname, which is derived from the father's given name, was one of the most common name types of name created in this region. The surname Aldini was created from the given name Alda, which means "wise and experienced."
Early Origins of the Aldini family
The surname Aldini was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), where the main branch of the family originated with Taddeo Alderotti, a physician born in 1223.
Early History of the Aldini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Aldini research. Another 62 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Aldini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Aldini Spelling Variations
Enormous variation in spelling and form characterizes those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. This is caused by two main factors: regional tradition, and inaccuracies in the recording process. Before the last few hundred years, scribes spelled names according to their sounds. Spelling variations were the unsurprising result. The variations of Aldini include Alda, Aldo, Aldigeri, Aldighieri, Aldemoresco, Alderighi, Alderotti, Aldieri, Aldi, Aldiero, Aldini, Aldinucci, Aldisio, Auda, Audi, Audia, Audieri, Audiero, Audini, Audino, Audisio, Audizio and many more.
Early Notables of the Aldini family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was a famous Aldemoresco who lived in the 15th century. He was a great warrior and fought with Naples, helping to possess the towns of Agigliano, Belvedere, Carinola, Carovilli, Foresta. Formicola, Nociglia, Riciano. Ripalimosano, Salice, Sangiacomo, Trentola, and Triviano. His relative Bartolomeo Aldemoresco was the...
Another 51 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Aldini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Aldini migration to the United States +
Discovered in the immigration and passenger lists were a number of people bearing the name Aldini:
Aldini Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Aldini, aged 43, originally from Teodorano, Italy, arrived in New York in 1907 aboard the ship "Germania" from Naples, Italy 
- Luigi Aldini, aged 40, originally from Cizzolo, Italy, arrived in New York in 1921 aboard the ship "Patria" from Naples, Italy 
Contemporary Notables of the name Aldini (post 1700) +
- Giovanni Aldini (1762-1834), Italian physicist, brother of Count Antonio Aldini
- Carlo Aldini (1894-1961), Italian actor and film producer
- Count Antonio Aldini (1755-1826), Italian lawyer and politician
Related Stories +
- ^ "New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JX6Z-B6G : 6 December 2014), Antonio Aldini, 25 Jul 1907; citing departure port Naples, arrival port New York, ship name Germania, NARA microfilm publication T715 and M237 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).
- ^ "New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J6K7-J4C : 6 December 2014), Luigi Aldini, 21 Jan 1921; citing departure port Naples, Italy, arrival port New York, ship name Patria, NARA microfilm publication T715 and M237 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).