on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Alcocer family come from? What is the Spanish Alcocer family crest and coat of arms? When did the Alcocer family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Alcocer family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Alcala, Alcalos, Alcale, Alcalan, Alcal, Alcalla, Alcalazza and many more.
First found in Aragon an ancient Kingdom of Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Alcocer research. Another 336 words(24 lines of text) covering the years 1558 and 1574 are included under the topic Early Alcocer History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Alcocer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Alcocer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Diego Alcocer, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1803
- Mends Alcocer, who landed in America in 1811
- Sancho De Alcocer, who arrived in America in 1812
- Fernando Alcocer, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1844
- Ines De Alcocer, who arrived in New Spain in 1876
- Alberto Alcocer Torra (b. 1942), Spanish businessman, co-owner of Alcor Holding and Grupo ACS, the major Spanish construction company
- Alberto Alcocer y Ribacoba (1886-1957), Spanish politician
- Víctor Alcocer Gómez (1917-1984), Mexican voice-over actor for film and television
- Ignacio Alcocer Rodríguez (1870-1936), Mexican politician, Governor of Coahuila in 1913, Secretary of the Interior (1913 to 1914)
- Mariano Palacios Alcocer (b. 1952), Mexican politician, President of the Institutional Revolutionary Party (2005-2007), Governor of Querétaro (1985-1991)
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
The Alcocer Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Alcocer Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 February 2014 at 14:08.
on orders of $85 or more