Alcaraz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Alcaraz family
The surname Alcaraz was first found in the kingdom of Castile, where a nobleman of unknown name who aided in the reconquest of the city of Alcaraz in 1213, was given that city's name to bear as his surname by King Don Alfonso VIII of Castile. One of his descendants was Mateo de Alcaraz, who was with Don Fernando III, " the Saint, " in 1227, during the conquest of Baeza, and the founding of the house of Lorca.
Early History of the Alcaraz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Alcaraz research. Another 59 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1523, 1542, 1565, 1593, 1523, 1542, 1565, 1593, 1616 and 1618 are included under the topic Early Alcaraz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Alcaraz Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Alcaraz, Alcaras and others.
Early Notables of the Alcaraz family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of the Alcaraz family name at this time was don Francisco and don Juan Alcaraz of Paracuellos in 1523, don Juan de Alcaraz of Ajalvir in 1542, don Antonio de Alcaraz of...
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Alcaraz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Alcaraz is the 5,352nd most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name.  However, in France, the name Alcaraz is ranked the 2,633rd most popular surname with an estimated 2,500 - 3,000 people with that name. 
| Alcaraz migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Alcaraz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Cristobal De Alcaraz, who arrived in America in 1811 
- Lucas De Alcaraz, who landed in America in 1813 
- Miguel De Alcaraz, who arrived in America in 1813 
- E D Alcaraz, aged 50, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1826 
- Giwin Alcaraz, aged 41, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829 
Alcaraz Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Jose D. Alcaraz, aged 25, who landed in America from Villagarin, Spain, in 1910
- Domingo Alcaraz, aged 34, who landed in America, in 1913
- Inez Alcaraz, aged 22, who landed in America, in 1913
- Jose Maria Alcaraz, aged 18, who settled in America from Alcala, Spain, in 1916
- Jose Alcaraz, aged 32, who immigrated to the United States from Villagarcia, Spain, in 1917
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Alcaraz (post 1700) ||+|
- Gaylon Alcaraz (b. 1970), American human rights activist in Chicago, Illinois, former executive director of the Chicago Abortion Fund
- Rubén Alcaraz Jiménez (b. 1991), Spanish footballer who plays for Girona FC
- Luis Lucas Alcaraz González (b. 1966), Spanish football manager of Levante UD
- Angel Alcaraz (b. 1941), Puerto Rican born, Major League Baseball player
- Lalo Alcaraz (b. 1964), American political cartoonist for the LA Weekly of Mexican descent
- Francisco Alcaraz (1920-1996), Mexican League umpire
- Marco Alcaraz (b. 1983), Filipino actor, commercial model, and former varsity basketball player
- Arturo Alcaraz (1916-2001), Filipino volcanologist
- Antolín Alcaraz Viveros (b. 1982), Paraguayan professional footballer
- Francisco Javier Alcaraz (b. 1960), Paraguayan football forward who played for Paraguay in the 1986 FIFA World Cup
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)