Origins Available: Italian
The surname Albertoni came from Alberto which is formed from the words "ala," which means "everything," and "bertha," which means "famous." Thus the name means one who is famous in everything.
Early Origins of the Albertoni family
The surname Albertoni was first found in Bologna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna
Region, with Leandro Alberto and Oreste degli Alberti in the 13th century. The latter was a famous poet and was a contemporary and friend of Petrarca.
Early History of the Albertoni family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Albertoni research.Another 344 words (25 lines of text) covering the years 1270, 1298, 1300, 1430, 1528, 1644, 1685, 1623, 1698, 1664, 1716, 1473, 1533, 1404, 1400, 1479, 1739, 1670 and 1727 are included under the topic Early Albertoni History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Albertoni Spelling Variations
Italian surnames come in far more variations than the names of most other nationalities. Regional traditions and dialects are a decisive factor in this characteristic. For example, northern names tend to end in "o", while southern in "i". Also important, but not unique to Italy, was the fact that before dictionaries and the printing press most scribes simply spelled words according to their sounds. The predictable result was an enormous number of spelling variations
. The recorded spellings of Albertoni include Albert, Albertazzi, Albertuzzi, Albertis, Albertelli, Albertinelli, Albertini, Alberto, Albertocchi, Albertoli, Albertolli, Alberton, Albertoni, Albertosi, Albertotti, Albertucci, Aliberti, Alierti, Aliverti, D'Albert, D'Alberti, D'Albertis, D'Alberto, DeAlbertellis, DeAlberti and many more.
Early Notables of the Albertoni family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Ignazio Albertini (Albertino) (c.
1644-1685) an Italian Baroque violinist and composer; Paluzzo Paluzzi Altieri degli Albertoni (1623-1698), an Italian Catholic Cardinal; Giuseppe Alberti (1664-1716), an Italian painter of the Baroque period; Ludovica Albertoni (1473-1533), sometimes known as Louisa Albertoni or Ludovica Albertoni Cetera, is... Another 169 words (12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Albertoni Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Albertoni family to the New World and Oceana
Amongst the settlers in North America with this distinguished name Albertoni were
Albertoni Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Elvezio Albertoni, aged 11, who landed in America, in 1892
- Pietro Albertoni, aged 11, who landed in America, in 1892
- Serafino Albertoni, aged 23, who settled in America, in 1893
- Pilippo Albertoni, aged 11, who emigrated to the United States, in 1894
Albertoni Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Enrico Albertoni, aged 18, who landed in America from Robasacco, in 1903
- Felicita Albertoni, aged 30, who emigrated to the United States from Bologna, Italy, in 1908
- Agostino Albertoni, aged 16, who emigrated to the United States from Robasacco, Italy, in 1908
- Giorgio Albertoni, aged 31, who landed in America from Bologna Italy, in 1908
- Sebastiano Albertoni, aged 68, who landed in America from Genova, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Albertoni (post 1700)
- Gianne Albertoni (b. 1981), Brazilian actress and model