100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Italian Albanese family come from? What is the Italian Albanese family crest and coat of arms? When did the Albanese family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Albanese family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Albanese, Albanez, Albanes, Albanesi, Albanelli, Albano, Albani and many more.
First found in Messina (Sicilian: Missina; Latin: Messana), capital of the Italian province of Messina. Its history begins in 397 B.C. After a checkered history the Saracens took it in 831, and the Normans in 1061. It was host to the crusaders in 1190. Garibaldi landed in 1860 and it was the last city to be made a part of united Italy. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. The Island of Sicily attracted many Spanish traders, mercenaries and missionaries. Included was the Castillian family of Albanez.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Albanese research. Another 332 words(24 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Albanese History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Albanese Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Albanese Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Adele Albanese, aged 18, who emigrated to the United States from Massafra, Italy, in 1909
- Agostino Albanese, aged 23, who settled in America from Italy, in 1909
- Agostino Albanese, aged 16, who landed in America from Cattanova, Italy, in 1910
- Salvatore Albanese, who arrived in New York in 1910
- Calogero Albanese, who settled in Illinois in 1913
- Tom Albanese (b. 1957), the American chief executive officer and board member of the Rio Tinto Group
- Lauren Albanese (b. 1989), American tennis player
- Licia Albanese (b. 1913), Italian-born, American operatic soprano
- Private First Class Lewis Albanese (1946-1966), Italian born United States Army soldier who posthumously received the Medal of Honor
- Thomas Albanese (b. 1988), Italian footballer
- Giuseppe Albanese (b. 1979), Italian pianist
- Antonio Albanese (b. 1937), Italian fencer
- Antonio Albanese (b. 1947), Italian chef
- Diego Luis Albanese (b. 1973), former Argentine rugby union player
- Anthony Norman Albanese (b. 1963), Australian politician Shadow Minister for Infrastructure and Transport (2013-)
- Bascapè, Giacomo and Marcello del Piazzo. Insegne e Simboli Araldica pubblica e privata medievale e moderna. Rome: 1983. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Dizionario Biografico degli Italiani. Rome Istituto della Enciclopedia Italiana 56 volumesr. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today, 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-0900455-209).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Guelfi Camajani, Piero. Dizionario Araldico 1940 Reprint Arnoaldo Forni. Milan: 1978. Print.
- Gheno, Antonio. Contributo alla Bibliografia Genealogica Italiana. Bologna: Forni, 1924. Print.
The Albanese Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Albanese Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 March 2014 at 08:07.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!