Albanese History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Albanese family
The surname Albanese was first found in Messina (Sicilian: Missina; Latin: Messana), capital of the Italian province of Messina. Its history begins in 397 B.C. After a checkered history the Saracens took it in 831, and the Normans in 1061. It was host to the crusaders in 1190. Garibaldi landed in 1860 and it was the last city to be made a part of united Italy. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. The Island of Sicily attracted many Spanish traders, mercenaries and missionaries. Included was the Castillian family of Albanez.
Early History of the Albanese family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Albanese research. Another 95 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Albanese History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Albanese Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Albanese, Albanez, Albanes, Albanesi, Albanelli, Albano, Albani and many more.
Early Notables of the Albanese family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Albanese Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Albanese migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Albanese Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Adele Albanese, aged 18, who immigrated to the United States from Massafra, Italy, in 1909
- Agostino Albanese, aged 23, who settled in America from Italy, in 1909
- Agostino Albanese, aged 16, who landed in America from Cattanova, Italy, in 1910
- Salvatore Albanese, who arrived in New York in 1910
- Calogero Albanese, who settled in Illinois in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Albanese (post 1700) +
- Frank Albanese (1931-2015), American character actor known for playing mobsters in Goodfellas (1990), A Dance with Andrea (2012), Dead Presidents (1995) and others
- Licia Albanese (b. 1913), Italian-born, American operatic soprano
- Lauren Albanese (b. 1989), American tennis player
- Tom Albanese (b. 1957), the American chief executive officer and board member of the Rio Tinto Group
- Vito A. Albanese, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New Jersey, 1964 ; Candidate in primary for Governor of New Jersey, 1973 
- Sal F. Albanese, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1988, 2008; Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 13th District, 1992 
- Donald Joseph Albanese (b. 1937), American Republican politician, Member of New Jersey State House of Assembly 15th District, 1976-81; Delegate to Republican National Convention from New Jersey, 1980 
- Andrew Albanese, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 23rd District, 1980 
- Antonio Albanese (b. 1947), Italian chef
- Antonio Albanese (b. 1937), Italian fencer
- ... (Another 5 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +