Alaniz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The distinguished Spanish surname Alaniz is derived from the place name where the initial bearer lived or held land. The place name "Alaniz" is derived from the Germanic name "Allen" and the patronymic
suffix "-is," denoting "son or descendant." Therefore, the family surname Alaniz has its origins as the "son or descendant of Allen."
Early Origins of the Alaniz family
The surname Alaniz was first found in the region near the city of Leon. However, the surname Alaniz also has roots in the Southern region of Andalucia in Sevilla. This branch of the family surname Alaniz was identified as being from the small town bearing the same name.
Early History of the Alaniz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Alaniz research.Another 57 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 178 and 1786 are included under the topic Early Alaniz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Alaniz Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Alaniz family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Alaniz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Alaniz family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Alaniz Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mercedes Alaniz, aged 20, who settled in America from Mexico, in 1904
- Andres Alaniz, aged 40, who emigrated to the United States from Mexico, Mexico, in 1908
- Pedro Alaniz, aged 47, who landed in America from Valencia, Spain, in 1914
- Monaco Alaniz, aged 24, who emigrated to the United States, in 1920
Contemporary Notables of the name Alaniz (post 1700)
- Adrian Alaniz (b. 1984), American professional baseball player, right-handed pitching prospect for the Washington Nationals
- Adam Alaniz, award-winning American artist CITATION[CLOSE]
Adam Alaniz. (Retrieved 2011, July 14) Adam Alaniz. Retrieved from http://www.adamalaniz.com
- John Alaniz, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for Texas State House of Representatives 55th District, 2012 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 2) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Ricardo Alaníz Posada (b. 1937), Mexican businessman and politician
- Americo Alaniz (b. 1919), known as Rico Alaniz, Mexican former actor in film and television, best known for his role of the Cheyenne informer "Mr. Cousin" in The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp (1955-1959)
- Maximiliano Manuel Alaníz Moreno (b. 1990), Argentine footballer
Alaniz Family Crest Products
- ^ Adam Alaniz. (Retrieved 2011, July 14) Adam Alaniz. Retrieved from http://www.adamalaniz.com
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 2) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html