Ainey History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Ainey family
The surname Ainey was first found in Lincolnshire where "Walter de Aincourt, who came from Aincourt, a lordship between Mantes and Magny [Normandy], where the remains of the ancient family castle still exists. Walter was cousin of Remigius, Bishop of Lincoln, the munificent builder of Lincoln Cathedral, and obtained, as his share of the spoil, no less that sixty-seven lordships in several counties, chiefly in Lincolnshire."  "Walter d'Aincourt holds nearly sixty manors in Domesday [Book], chiefly in Lincolnshire, where Blankney was the head of his barony, and 'the Deyncourts flourished in a continual succession, from the coming-in of the Normans to the time of Henry VI.' All we known of Walter's lineage is derived from a leaden tablet inscribed to the memory of his son, William, which was found in 1670 in Lincoln Cathedral."  In Derbyshire at Morton, another branch of the family was found. "The manor, previously given to Burton Abbey, belonged at the Domesday Survey to Walter Deincourt, and Roger Deincourt, in 1330, claimed a park here, and the right of having a gallows for the execution of criminals. The estate passed, with other lands, to the Leakes." 
Early History of the Ainey family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ainey research. Another 172 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1450, 1510, 1600 and 1190 are included under the topic Early Ainey History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ainey Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: D'Eyncourt, Daincourt, Danecourt, Deyncourt, Aincourt, Eyncourt, Anecourt, Encourt, Eincourt, Deycourt, Daycourt, Daincourt, Aisincourt, Agincourt, Asincourt, Aysincourt, Aizincourt, Azincourt, Ayncott, Ayncote, Ayncotts, Ayncourt, Ainycourt, Ayncourt, Ayncort, Lainey, Lainay, Ainay, Lainiez and many more.
Early Notables of the Ainey family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Ainey Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ainey migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ainey Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Robert Ainey, who settled in Washington sometime between 1853 and 1883
Contemporary Notables of the name Ainey (post 1700)
- William David Blakeslee Ainey (1864-1932), American Republican politician, U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania 14th District, 1911-15; Delegate to Republican National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1928 
- Charles H. Ainey, American Republican politician, Chair of Susquehanna County Republican Party, 1927 
- ^ Burke, John Bernard, The Roll of Battle Abbey. London: Edward Churton, 26, Holles Street, 1848, Print.
- ^ Cleveland, Dutchess of The Battle Abbey Roll with some Account of the Norman Lineages. London: John Murray, Abermarle Street, 1889. Print. Volume 1 of 3
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 2) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html