Aguillar History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Aguillar emerged in the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Aguillar, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. Many Spanish local names reflect Arabic words or place-names because the Muslim Moors from the 8th to 12th centuries conquered Spain. The Aguillar family originally lived in a region close to an eagles nest. The surname Aguillar originally derived for the Latin word L'Aquillare which referred to a haunt for eagles.
Early Origins of the Aguillar family
The surname Aguillar was first found in Castile, predominant among the Christian kingdoms of medieval Spain.
Early History of the Aguillar family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Aguillar research. Another 123 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1211, 1238, 1252, 1383, 1492, 1545, 1714, 1837 and 1846 are included under the topic Early Aguillar History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Aguillar Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Aguilar, Aguilera, Aguiler, Aguiar, Aquilar and others.
Early Notables of the Aguillar family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were Francisco de Aguilar, steward to King Peter III in 1383; Jerónimo Aguilera, a soldier of the Reconquest who helped take Granada in 1492 and was rewarded by Ferdinand and Isabella; Diego Aguilera, sixteenth century Spanish painter; sixteenth century nobleman Juan de Aguilar of Salamanca; Francisco de Aguilar, castellan in Burgos in 1545; seventeenth century Spanish playwright Gaspar de Aguilar; seventeenth century Spanish painter Tomás de Aguiar, who was a disciple of Velázquez...
Another 79 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Aguillar Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Aguillar migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Aguillar Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio De Aguillar, who landed in America in 1814 
- Bartolome De Aguillar, who arrived in America in 1828 
- Diego De Aguillar, who landed in America in 1828 
- Juan De Aguillar, who arrived in America in 1828 
- Pedro De Aguillar, who landed in America in 1828 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)