Aceto History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Aceto surname of Sicily was created from the name of the occupation of the first bearer of the name. The Aceto surname refers to the occupation of a person who made or sold vinegar. The surname Accetto is derived from the Italian word "accetto," which means vinegar. Alternatively, the surname is of local origin and there is a place named Aceto located near Bari, in the region of Apulia.
Early Origins of the Aceto family
The surname Aceto was first found in Sicily (Italian: Sicilia), the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. The earliest record of this surname dates back to the first half of the 11th century, where a member of the Accetto family was a well known sculptor in Puglia, on the southern mainland of Italy.
Important Dates for the Aceto family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Aceto research. Another 49 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1374, 1590, 1640, 1690, and 1730 are included under the topic Early Aceto History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Aceto Spelling Variations
Enormous variation in spelling and form characterizes those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. This is caused by two main factors: regional tradition, and inaccuracies in the recording process. Before the last few hundred years, scribes spelled names according to their sounds. Spelling variations were the unsurprising result. The variations of Aceto include Accetta, Accetti, Accetto, Accettulli, Accettullo, Accietti, Accietto, Accettanti, Aceto and many more.
Early Notables of the Aceto family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this surname in early times was Torquato Accetto (c.1590-1640), Italian philosopher and writer of Naples; Reginaldo Accetto, 16th century theologian in Naples; Giulio Accetta, born in Calabria in 1690, well known...
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Aceto Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Aceto migration to the United States
A look at the immigration and passenger lists has shown a number of people bearing the name Aceto:
Aceto Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Lucio Aceto, who settled in Ohio around 1875
- Enrico Aceto, aged 23, who landed in America from Alvignano, Italy, in 1895
Aceto Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Costantino Aceto, aged 44, who immigrated to America from Monoppello, Italy, in 1910
- Arturo Aceto, aged 19, who landed in America from Caserta, Italy, in 1910
- Antonio Aceto, aged 22, who landed in America from Cosenza, Italy, in 1911
- Antonio Aceto, aged 16, who settled in America from Roccamontepiano, Italy, in 1911
- Alesfandro Aceto, aged 18, who landed in America from Paterno, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Aceto (post 1700)
- Gina A. Aceto, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 21st District, 1980 
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, August 16) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html