Acero History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Acero likely comes from the Spanish word "acerno" for "steel" from the Latin "acer" for "sharp."
Early Origins of the Acero family
The surname Acero was first found in Asturias, around the town of Cangas.
Early History of the Acero family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Acero research. Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Acero History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Acero Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Acero, de Acero and others.
Early Notables of the Acero family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Acero Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Acero migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Acero Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Mateo Acero, who migrated to Spanish America in 1528
- Hernando Acero, who settled in Puerto Rico in 1569
Acero Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mateo Acero, who landed in America in 1828 
- Antonio Acero, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1879 
- Antonio Acero, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1879
Contemporary Notables of the name Acero (post 1700) +
- Ricardo Acero (b. 1918), Spanish actor of the 1940's and 50's
- Nestor F. Acero (d. 1972), Marine of the Philippine Navy and a recipient the Medal of Valor for his actions on November 27, 1972 when he stayed with a wounded comrade covering the withdrawal of the rest of his unit
- Hector Acero Sánchez (b. 1966), Dominican former professional boxer who competed from 1989 to 2002, he held the WBC super bantamweight title from 1994 to 1995
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)