Abeles History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The surname Abeles is a patronymic name, derived from the Old German personal name Abel, which means "noble one." Interestingly, it does not appear to be derived from the biblical name Abel. The surname is associated with Swabia, in the southwest of Germany.
Early Origins of the Abeles family
The surname Abeles was first found in Wuerttembeg, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that south-western region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
Early History of the Abeles family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Abeles research. Another 95 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1495, 1547, 1684, 1781, 1844, 1628, 1685, 1682, 1761, 1634, 1696, 1725, 1787, 1761, 1782 and 1802 are included under the topic Early Abeles History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Abeles Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Abel, Abele, Aubeller, Abell, Abelle, Abeles, Abeler and many more.
Early Notables of the Abeles family (pre 1700)
Notables with the surname Abeles during this period were Christoph Ignaz Abele, von und zu Lilienberg (1628-1685), an Austrian jurist; Christian Ferdinand Abel (1682-1761), one of the most famous German Baroque violinists, cellists and especially viol virtuosos; and his son, Clamor Heinrich Abel (1634-1696), a German composer, violinist and organist; and Karl Friedrich Abel (1725-1787), student of Bach and composer, a chamber musician to...
Another 64 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Abeles Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Abeles migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Abeles Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Adolph Abeles, aged 26, who arrived in Missouri in 1842 
- Simon Abeles, aged 24, who arrived in Missouri in 1844 
- Sam M Abeles, who landed in Arkansas in 1894 
Contemporary Notables of the name Abeles (post 1700) +
- Benjamin Abeles (1925-2020), Austrian physicist, best known for his research in the 1960s on germanium-silicon alloys
- Sir Emil Herbert Peter Abeles (b. 1924), Australian industrialist
- Meryl Abeles O'Loughlin (1933-2007), American television and film casting agent
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)