Abbatiello History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Abbatiello family
The surname Abbatiello was first found in Palermo (Sicilian: Palermu, Latin: Panormus), a city in Insular Italy, the capital of both the region of Sicily and the Province of Palermo at the foot of Mount Pellegrino, originally a Phoenician colony in the 3rd century B.C. Carthage and then the Saracens in 835 each occupied the city. The Norman period from 1050 was the most important and many ancient ruins exist from that time period. Two city gates still remain. The museum is notable and has many priceless relics. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Abbatiello family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Abbatiello research. Another 80 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 123 and 1237 are included under the topic Early Abbatiello History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Abbatiello Spelling Variations
Italian surnames come in far more variations than the names of most other nationalities. Regional traditions and dialects are a decisive factor in this characteristic. For example, northern names tend to end in "o", while southern in "i". Also important, but not unique to Italy, was the fact that before dictionaries and the printing press most scribes simply spelled words according to their sounds. The predictable result was an enormous number of spelling variations. The recorded spellings of Abbatiello include Abbadelli, Abadelli, Abatelli, Abbatelli and others.
Early Notables of the Abbatiello family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Abbatiello Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Abbatiello family
An examination of many early immigration records reveals that people bearing the name Abbatiello arrived in North America very early: Dianisio Abatelli, aged 37, who arrived at Ellis Island from S. Salvo, in 1906; Filippo Abatelli, aged 39, who arrived at Ellis Island from Astoria, L.I., in 1924.
Contemporary Notables of the name Abbatiello (post 1700)
- Don Abbatiello, American Screen Actors Guild Award winning stuntman, known for his work on The Bourne Ultimatum (2007), The Next Three Days (2010) and Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)
- Albert Abbatiello, American Supervisor on the Julington Creek Plantation Community Development District, Florida in 2008
- Salvatore J. "Sal" Abbatiello (b. 1952), American actor, known for Krush Groove (1985), Mary Jane's Tribulations (2016) and Hip-Hop Evolution (2016)
- Kristen J. Abbatiello, American politician, Representative from Connecticut 3rd District, 1998 
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, September 30) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html