on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: German, Jewish
Where did the Jewish Ziegler family come from? What is the Jewish Ziegler family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ziegler family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ziegler family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ziegler Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Hans Georg Ziegler, who landed in America in 1622
Ziegler Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John George Ziegler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1727
- Philipp Georg Ziegler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1727
- Leonhard Ziegler, aged 21, landed in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Joh Leonhart Ziegler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Han Wilhelm Ziegler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
Ziegler Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mich Ziegler, who landed in America in 1807
- Michael Ziegler, who arrived in America in 1819
- Philip Ziegler, who landed in Cincinnati, Oh in 1832
- Phillip Ziegler, who landed in Ohio in 1833
- George Ziegler, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1835
Ziegler Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Andreas Ziegler, who came to Canada in 1783 with the United Empire Loyalists
Ziegler Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Anna Ziegler, aged 11, arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Felix Ziegler, aged 4, arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Magdalena Ziegler, aged 50, arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Margaretha Ziegler, aged 21, arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- John Ziegler (b. 1967), American radio talk show host, Los Angeles
- Larry Ziegler (b. 1939), American professional golfer
- Edward Ziegler (1870-1947), American music critic and opera manager
- Captain Walter Ziegler (1908-1937), German Watch Officer from Hamburg, Germany, who worked on board the Hindenburg LZ-129 and survived the Airship Fire on May 6, 1937
- Brigadier William Smith Ziegler (1911-1999), Canadian Regional Administration Officer, Land in Niedersachsen, Allied Control Commission for Germany
- Pablo Ziegler (b. 1944), Argentine pianist
- Karl Waldemar Ziegler (1898-1973), German chemist who received the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1963
- Ronald Ziegler (b. 1939), Press Secretary to President Nixon (1969-1974)
- Henri Ziegler (b. 1908), French engineer and pilot who directed the French contribution to the Concorde project
- Matthias Ziegler, Swiss flutist, classical and jazz music
- Roots and Branches of a Ziegler Family Tree, 1767-1980, Georg Michael Ziegler by Alta Buckingham Drasser.
- The Ziegler Family and Related Families in Pennsylvania by Gertrude Mohlin Ziegler.
- Genealogical Chronology of John Peter Snyder, 1729-1807 and His Wife Mary Catherine Elizabeth (Stenz) Snyder, 1739-1782 and Their Descendants by Howard W. Stentz.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
The Ziegler Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ziegler Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 November 2014 at 16:21.
on orders of $85 or more